Chapter 28: Please stop

*CHARLIE'S POV*

I wonder into school with my hood up, hoping no one notices my puffy red face from crying all night. The bags under my eyes just keep growing and growing.

I haven't slept. I can't sleep. I don't want to sleep.

As i'm at my locker i look across the hall and see Elena. I admire from a far at her beauty as she giggles and talks with Savannah.

I'm glad they could re-kindle their relationship, even if i'm not a massive fan of Sav.

I don't even know how they got back to their relationship. It must of been over the past few weeks since me and Elena broke up.

Elena looks at me and tears instantly fill my eyes. Her gaze rakes over my face he lips lowering into a sad look.

All i want to do is wrap my arms around her and kiss and hold her. Never letting go. But i can't.

"Bro, morning training is about to start." Enzo pats my back making me snap out of our stare.

"Y-yeah." I mutter following him.

I've been a shitty captain the last few days, even weeks. But i can't help it.

I don't have any will to do anything. I don't want to go anywhere, i don't want to talk to people. I just want to be alone and not coaching some incompetent team. I only ever wanted to talk to Enzo and Elena and bows it's worse. I don't want to talk to anyone.

"You guys need to pull your fucking heads in." I growl standing on the edge of the ice watching the boys practice.
"Michael that was shit, you should have passed to Enzo."
"Fuck." I run my hands through my hair totally stressed out.

"Water break." Enzo calls and everyone quickly obliges. I stay still on the ice. I don't want to move.

"You need to calm the fuck down." Enzo sneers skating to me as everyone gets water.

I stay silent.

"Your pissing everyone off and your being a bad captain."

"I know." I whisper breaking eye contact.

"Is Elena really getting to you this much?"

I nod.

"I'm sorry." He mutters.

"You didn't do anything, Enzo. It's my fault, we lied and i broke up with her and that's the consequences of my actions, okay? It's not your fault."

"Yeah bu-"

"Take over as captain, i'm done." I cut him off and then get off the ice hitting the showers not wanting to talk to anyone.

Enzo was always better than me, he should have always been captain and i'm not in the right headspace to right now.

~~

I finish my sixth beer in the past two hours.

I don't want to feel the pain i'm in. I want to be numb. So i'm making myself numb.

My front door opens Enzo coming in. I blink slowly at him unable to comprehend anything well. Why is he here? It's like 2am.

He looks at me and sighs, "Bro, this needs to stop." He comes over and takes away all my beers and alcohol.

"G-give me them backk." I stand up stumbling following him as he throws them in the bin.
"Brooo give me my beer back you d-dick."

He turns around to me.

"Go to bed, Charlie."

"Givvee me mah beer."

"No."