Chapter 16: Photo

*ELENA'S POV*

As i'm at home watching the hockey videos critiquing to see how i can make my team better i get a call from Charlie.

"Hey." I mutter.

"Don't freak out." His hush voice makes my stomach churn.
"Your already freaking out aren't you?" He continues.

"Yes i am. Tell me what's wrong."

"I'm in jail."

"EXCUSE YOU?"

"Long story short, this guy we'll call him Trevor pissed me off so i faught him and now i'm in jail and i need you to bail me out, Bellissima."

"Is this Trevor from school?" I frown getting up and grabbing my car keys ready to go pick him up.

"Possibly."

"Your a fucking idiot, Charlie."

"A absolute jaw-dropping handsome idiot, of course."

"Ehh."

"Don't keep talking." He voice lowers.
"Anyway, come pick me up?" His voice goes more pleading.

"I'm on my way."

"Thanks beautiful."

I'm already half-way to the police station when we hang up.

I arrive and quickly go in. I look to the right and see the holding cell. Charlie is the only one in there.

He looks at me and smiles standing up coming against the bars.

I giggle pulling out my phone.

"Your taking pictures aren't you?" He frowns.

"Of course not." I smile.

"Elena, don't you dare."

I laugh and take a photo of him as he holds the bars and then a selfie together. I quickly send them to Enzo before talking to the police and getting Charlie out.

As soon as the officer unlocks the cell Charlie comes over to me and gives me a warm hug. I sink into his familiar feeling.

I pull away and grab his hands seeing his swollen knuckles which are already turning purple. He has a small gash on his lip but beside that he's okay.

"Can we go home now, please." Charlie's voice sounds desperate.

"Yeah, come on." I link our hands together unbothered by the people watching.

We walk hand in hand to my car and i get in the drivers side while he is my passenger princess. I connect my hand in his for comfort and then he starts giggling.

"What's so funny?" I glance at him with a smile.

"I got arrested. This is quality shit."

"I agre-" I get cut off by an incoming call from Enzo that notifies me through my cars bluetooth.

"Hello, Enzo." I giggle answering.

"CHARLIE WHY THE HELL ARE YOU IN JAIL?"

"I got in a fight."

"With who?"

"Trevor."

"Elena's date?"

Charlie let's out a small grumble giving us his answer.

"Did you win?" Enzo asks.

"Of course."

"That's great then. How's everything at home?" Enzo says totally blowing over the fact his best friend was in jail and I, his baby sister, had to bail him free.

"It's good. We miss you."

"Who's we?"

"Me and Elena."

Enzo let's out a gasp, "My sister showing me love and affection, how nice."

"I'm also giving you love and affection." Charlie chuckles to himself.

"Charlie, let's me honest, you always show love and affection."

He's right. He does. And i'm sure it's something to do with his past and i'm desperate to know what it is.

We soon hang up from Enzo as he fills us in on his life in Italy.

"So why did you fight him?" I ask Charlie once we hang up.

"He said something."

"Was it about me?"

"Don't worry about it."

"I can't believe you went to jail. What was it like?"

"Boring. Fun."

"Two opposite words."

"I was the only one in there and i had no one to talk too, it was boring. But it was thrilling at the same time."

"Don't keep getting arrested for the thrill."

"I won't. I won't go to jail again, i promise, baby."

I smile and we pull up back home.

THIS PHOTO BRO IM SORRY 🧎‍♀️