Chapter 23: Don't ask

*ELENA'S POV*

As i'm in the shower i get a message from Charlie bringing a smile to my face.

*Get dressed, i'm picking you up in 30. Wear something fancy, my love.*

*Okay!!*

It makes me feel better he's trying to cheer me up. And it's working.

I've been upset the past week with the whole Savannah thing. She was my best friend and i can't believe i lost her like that.

I quickly get out the shower and wrap a towel over my body and wonder into my wardrobe to find my nicest outfit.

my fit ^^

my fit ^^

I sit on the couch and put on my heels when there's a knock at the door. I smile getting up and open it.

Charlie is standing there leaning against the doorframe with a bunch of red roses in his hand.

"Oh my god, Charlie." I smile looking back into his eyes. Though, his aren't on mine. His are trailing my body up and down, up and down.

"Take a picture, lasts longer." I say and he cringes.

"Cringey." Charlie chuckles.

I giggle and take the roses from his out stretched hand and put them in a vase full of water before he opens the car door for me and i climb into the car.

"Where are we going?" I ask as Charlie starts the car.

"You'll see." He smiles widely and wraps his hand on my thigh.

Less than two minutes later we hault to a stop.

I look and see we're out the front of Charlie's house.

I furrow my brows as he opens the car door for me again and helps me down from his truck.

He guides me by the waist and leads me into his house where the lights are off. There's candles on the dining room table and it's all set up like a fancy dinner.

It has a red table cloth, stacked plates, lots of forks and spoons.

"This is so beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." He kisses my neck from behind sending tingles down my core.

He pulls the chair out for me and i take a seat and he sits opposite me.

Charlie opens a dish and it has two bowls of burning hot spaghetti. I take a bowl and so does he.

I take a bite and my mouth waters.

"Oh my god this is so good." I moan.

"Yeah?" Charlie eats while just smiling and staring at me.

"I want to marry this pasta."

Charlie frowns, "I'll take it away."

"What! No!"

"Well your marrying me, not this pasta."

"Well the pasta will be our first baby."

He nods, "Sounds good."

We flow into casual conversation enjoying our meals together. Knowing eachother for so long really helps the relationship because there's nothing awkward or uncomfortable.

It's like he's seen me at my worst and still chosen to lov- like me and i appreciate that.

"Do you miss your parents sometimes?" I ask.

I'm curious, i miss my mum and i'm sure he would miss his parents.

He shrugs, "Sometimes. But when i do i just remember what they did."

Don't ask, don't ask, don't ask.

"What did they do?"

Whoops.

"Don't worry about it." He shakes his head breaking eye contact as his jaw clenches.

"You can talk to me." I soften my voice.

He looks back at me with sad eyes. I didn't mean to make him upset.

"I know." He picks are his napkin infront of him.

"Whatever happened, it wasn't your fault. You know that, don't you?"

He gives a simple shrug and i know he thinks it is.

He never talks about his past so i'm suprsied he is opening up a bit.

The only person he has ever told was Enzo and i hoped one day he could tell me too.

He opens his mouth to talk but the doorbell rings.

Fuck it. I was so close.

Charlie clears his throat and gets up opening the door. He then comes back carrying icecream.

"Movie on the couch?" He asks, a hint of sadness still there.

I nod and get up and we sink into each others embrace on the sofa.

Stupid icecream

Stupid icecream