Chapter 8: Falling for me

*ELENA'S POV*

Because the airport is so far from home and it's so late at night Charlie booked a hotel room for the night.

We walk in and my jaw drops at the one bed.

"Why didn't you get a two bed room, Charlie." I glare at him.

"It's all they had left."

"I'm taking the bed, you are sleeping on the floor."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes, Charlie."

He lets out a grumble walking to the bathroom.

"Whatever the princess wants, the princess gets." I hear him mutter under his breath before shutting the door.

I shrug it off and start to get into my pajamas.

I unclasp my bra infront of the mirror at the same time Charlie comes out the bathroom.

"What the fuck." I jump slapping my arms over my chest.

Charlie looks at me for a moment before going around me and grabbing a blanket and pillow off the bed and going to the floor.

Why does he look sad?

Probably because his best friend has left for a month. I mean i'm sad too.

I cried in Charlie's arms. Again! It's so embarrassing but surprisingly he doesn't use it against me. He actually never brings it up again.

I put on a t-shirt and get under the covers of the white linen bed.

I try to fall asleep but all i can think about is Charlie and how he looked. I don't know what he's sad about.

Usually he would say something about my boobs or something inappropriate but he didn't.

I let out a huff, "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay."

"What's wrong?"

"I have to go to school without Enzo for a month. And he's the only one who can calm me down."

"You can come to me." I whisper.

He stays silent, seconds passing, "Thank you."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Elena."

~~

I open my eyes and before i can have a reaction i fall off the bed and land on-top of Charlie.

"Shit. Fuck." I whisper.

Charlie opens his eyes a smirk coming into his lips as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Falling for me already?"

"No, let go. Also that was very cringe."

He just smiles and rolls over so now i'm underneath him.

"Why do you hate me so much?" His eyes search my face.

I begin to get flustered under his touch.

"Uhm i don't know."

"Yes you fucking do. Tell me why the fuck you hate me to much, Elena."

"Because you hate me, simple."

"Why do you think i hate you, hm?"

"I- uhm well you always tell Enzo h-how you don't like me and you always pick on me and bother me. You try to beat me in everything a-and you broke my sandcastle when we were kids. Still hate you for that."

"Your fucking impossible."

"See, mean."

"Don't take it to heart. Its just who i am, you know that." He shakes his head.

"I dont believe you."

"What?"

"I don't believe that's who you are."

"It is, get over it."

"Charlie, i know it's not you."

"It is me."

"I'm not fighting you on this."

"Good."

We stay silent for moments until he gets off me and i get into the bed. Charlie then also comes under the covers.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm cold and uncomfortable."

"Charlie i swear, get back on the floor."

"Shut up and go to sleep."

I sigh and close my eyes falling back asleep.

"Falling for me already?" 🤓☝🏻