Chapter 3: Exhalation

"Come on, he totally likes you" Eliza commented as she walked through the halls, struggling to carry her bag "This thing is so annoying" she complained

"We literally spoke for three minutes, and within those three minutes he decided to steal the book I needed and force me to clean the library with him. Yup, he's in love with me" I muttered as I rolled my eyes. "You're walking like an idiot" I added

"Shut up, it's really heavy" she whined "plus, he wouldn't tease you if he didn't like you"

"That wasn't teasing though. It was more like 'you want this book? Well ha bitch. Stolen. Oh and your hot'" I shrugged

We finally got to our history classroom as Eliza ran to her seat and dropped her bag, but of course, Eliza being Eliza, somehow managed to drop it on the floor instead of the table causing the water bottle in her bag to basically explode.

"Morning Eliza" Our history teacher chuckled out of amusement

"Yeah, hi Miss" Eliza muttered as she lowered herself to the ground and began collecting the stuff that spilled out of her bag. She groaned "My English work is ruined. Miss Edmund is gonna skin me alive" I decided that she had suffered enough before I grabbed a bunch of napkins and helped her clean up, silently, because I was trying so hard not to laugh.

"Thanks Juliette" She muttered

Once, almost, everything was dry, Eliza and I were able to take our seats and begin writing the date and title in our books. I sat right at the front of the classroom, on my own desk. I sat on the inner side of the desk, near the wall. Most of my seats, if not all of them, consisted of me sitting alone.

My claustrophobia didn't let me sit next to anyone.

I couldn't keep in constant contact with someone without feeling a panic attack consume me. Whilst nobody knew how bad my panic attacks were, they did know that I got them. The teachers especially. Most students were usually confused about why I sat by myself but most of the time they got tired of asking, considering nobody actually fed them with answers.

I began copying the keywords and started on the task on the board before I felt a nudge on my side.

"What the fuck?" I muttered as I lifted my head up to see an arm perched up on the side of my desk. I followed the arm to see who's face was attached to it, before seeing none other than Levi Knight himself. "Two days in a row? What wonderful sins have I committed to get such rewards oh great and powerful Mr Knight ?" I commented dryly, rolling my eyes, before getting back to the work

"'Sup book girl?" he smirked, he was yet leaning against my desk, making the desk bend a little bit due to the already uneven leg of the table. The desk tilted to one side, causing my notebook to slide to one side, which was extremely frustrating as my writing completely messed up. "I like the new title"

"And I like the fact that you don't understand the concept of sarcasm. It reassures my superiority" I muttered, grabbing my book and placing it in front of me again, before attempting to copy with the work and ignore the idiot beside me.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked placing his bag down on the side of my desk, blocking any view of the board. Leaving me sandwiched between the walk and the bag, almost as if I was trapped between the two.

Breathe. It's just a bag. Deep breaths, in and out.

"Yes" I answered in a strangled voice, keeping my eyes closed, taking deep breaths in and out, feeling my throat well up to the point where it felt almost impossible to breath.

From my peripheral vision I saw him take a seat beside me. I think he made a comment but I couldn't fully focus. My eyes began to water slightly, and my head began to feel light. I took deep breaths in and deep breaths out, feeling fear consume me. The air felt a lot thinner than it usually was, and I began to feel dizzy. My throat felt completely swollen and closed up, my heart speeding up, slamming against my rib cage. Short breaths were being taken as the panic consumed me.