Chapter 11: Observation

Surprisingly enough, spending time with Levi wasn't as unpleasant as I would have made it out to be, two weeks ago.

"Is that all you're going to eat?" He asked, looking at my empty plate, where a waffle used to lie.

"Pretty much" I said putting my knife and fork onto the table, before taking a sip of my drink. "How do you even eat that much?" I laughed, raising an eyebrow at the boy.

In front of him was an empty plate, where a huge stack of pancakes used to lie. He chuckled "I'm a growing boy" he said defensively, "are you sure you don't want anything else? You barely even ate anything"

I smiled at his concern. "One thing you will know about me is that I barely eat anything. You're lucky I finished this" I answered teasingly.

He raised an eyebrow "Is that a new type of diet?"

"Don't assume all girls are on a diet!" I scolded, rolling my eyes in the process. "I just don't have a huge appetite" I shrugged "Also, can we take a rain check on studying next week?"

He looked up at me "how comes?"

"My cousin is getting married in just over a month" I basically groaned "and next weekend is the wedding rehearsal"

He chuckled "You don't seem that excited"

I shook my head "I'm really not"

"Why not? Weddings sound fun" He said "I have a pretty huge family, but I'm the oldest of all of my cousins and all that, apart from my older sister. But either way a wedding isn't something that would happen soon"

"Believe me, they're not all that fun" I sighed

"Why don't you seem excited?"

I shrugged "Well" I began "The wedding is in California, so a five hour flight. And then we have to stay in the hotel because everyone else is staying in the bride's house, and then I have to attend the wedding of someone who basically hates me"

"Hate you?" He started sarcastically "I don't see how someone can do that!"

I slapped his arm "ha ha"

"It might be because you're a huge know it all" he began listing as I rolled my eyes

"A huge know it all who is helping you study!" I interrupted

"Speaks to much" He continued as I laughed

"I do not!" I said defensively

"Always has her nose in a book" He listed

I stayed silent for that one. Levi turned and raised an eyebrow at me, a smile still spread across his face, looking at me expectantly. "What?" I asked "I'm not gonna deny it"

He laughed for a bit before sobering up. "No but seriously, who could hate you?"

"A lot of people apparently" I muttered "but yeah, she hates Eliza too. She thinks we're not good enough for her and her kind"

"She has a kind?" He asked

I nodded "the rich kind. She's basically the Darcy of our family"

He chuckled. "I still don't see how someone can hate you...or Eliza for that matter"

"I mean, she basically thinks we're not up to her standard. She's met Jordan though, she loves Jordan" I rolled my eyes whilst speaking

Levi sent me a questioning look.

"She thinks he's hot" I explained