Chapter 8: Intrusion

I woke up on Saturday morning, finding my blanket on the floor. I had endured a nightmare last night like no other. It was different to what I usually endured, scarier, more realistic. I was terrified, it felt like I was fourteen all over again. I woke up at three covered in sweat and tears. I stayed up the entire night, terrified of going back to sleep, afraid of going through the nightmare again. I was finally able to go back to sleep around 6.

There was a knock at my door which made me jerk awake. It didn't sound like a knock. It sounded more like a wrecking ball struggling to break my door. I attempted to go back to sleep, ignoring whoever decided to bang my door at an ungodly hour, but a voice followed those knocks. "Juliette your phone is vibrating like crazy!" It was Eliza's very pissed off voice. She opened the door and threw my phone into the room.

It landed on my fucking face.

"Ow!" I screamed, louder than needed, making sure than Eliza was aware of the distress she caused me to endure, very early in the morning.

I unlocked my phone and found myself squinting at the brightness of the screensaver "who the fuck put the brightness all the way up?" I muttered, basically growling as I put the brightness down.

I'm not much of a morning person. Especially not on a Saturday morning.

When I opened up Whatsapp, I realised that I had a 10 text messages from the same unknown number. Clicking on the profile picture however, I noticed that it was a picture of the very shirtless Levi Knight.

It was far too early in the morning to express my distaste for shirtless pictures.

I rolled my eyes before squinting in order to adjust my eyesight, attempting to read what was texted to me.

History or English?
9:47am read at 10:23

Actually, you don't get to choose, English.
9:49am read at 10:23

No wait. History
9:49am read at 10:23

No wait. English
9:49am read at 10:23

Yeah English.
9:50am read at 10:23

I'll be over at your house at 12
10:03am read at 10:23

Do I need to bring anything?
10:12am read at 10:23

I'm just going to bring my English book.
10:13am read at 10:23

Also, which bookstore is your favourite?
10:15am read at 10:23

You know what, I'll just call you.
10:15am read at 10:23

I closed whatsapp to see that I had three missed calls. One at 10:15am, one at 10:17am and one at 10:20am. I glanced further up my screen to see that it was now 10:25am.

I had probably left my phone in Eliza's room last night after our talk. Forget probably, I definitely did. I knew because I got to bed and I couldn't find my phone, which meant I was pretty much bored for the rest of the night, dozing off earlier than I would have if I did have my phone. And yes, whilst I had full capability of getting up and grabbing my phone from Eliza's room, I was just too lazy to get up.

I called the unknown number, which rang a total of eight times before Levi picked it up. I rolled my eyes thinking that he called me a total of three times and messaged me ten times, but a few minutes later and he wasn't even close to his phone.