Chapter 35: Desperation

Levi's P.O.V

"I believe Levi deserves an award, anyone else?" She asked, it was clear she was all too amused. Her voice echoed around the silent room, and I realised too late that Juliette wasn't by my side.

I was conflicted on whether I should have attempted to look for Juliette or whether I should have stayed and finally end whatever the hell was happening between Katherine and Juliette.

In the end I decided that it was probably better to stop Katherine now before she could harm her anymore, if that was even humanly possible.

"Congratulations Katherine" I spoke out, suddenly gaining everybody's attention. "You revealed an innocent girl's darkest secret for your petty little fight. Just ask yourself this, can you name one thing she has done to you?" I questioned bitterly.

"She stole you from me" Katherine said quietly.

"I fell for her!" I shouted, listening to my own loud voice resonate around the room. "Did you even think about what you told everybody? Juliette has anxiety. She has depression. You thought you could use that against her for something that wasn't even her fault?" I snarled. "It wasn't her fault that I fell out of love with you and it sure as hell wasn't her fault that I cheated on you. Stop punishing the girl for my mistakes."

"Levi-" she began.

"No" I interrupted "don't you dare. If people want to talk about conditions, talk about me and my ADHD" I said loudly, allowing other people to gasp. "Now if you will excuse me, I have a girlfriend to look for."

I first began by going into the Nurse's office, remembering that she had mentioned something about her medications. The nurse was still pretty much here for every minute there was a student in the school.

"Hey nurse Addie, is it okay if I quickly grab Juliette's medicine. She's been pretty stressed lately and forgot to take some" I said.

She looked as if she was mentally debating on whether she should give it to me or not. "Technically I would be breaking the rules if I gave it to you. But nobody needs to know, right?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Here sweetheart, did you take yours?" She questioned, handing me a little box that said "Juliette" and a bottle of water.

I smiled "yeah I did, thanks nurse Addie"

"Anytime sweetheart" she responded.

I had no idea where to start looking for her, I didn't know whether I should have checked every single classroom, or the janitors closet, or one of the girl's toilets. Although, in the end I was immediately aware of where she was.

My book girl was at the library.

I began running towards the library, hoping to remember where it was from the first time I went there, however I was stopped before I could even think about which section Juliette would have been hiding in.

"Levi" I heard a familiar voice, just as I was standing outside of the library doors.

So close.

It took my eyes a few seconds to focus, and I swear if it wasn't for the difference in their voices, I would have mistook Katherine for Juliette. Katherine was wearing something Juliette would wear, almost as if she stole it out of her closet. Her hair was also almost as dark as Juliette's, and in some magical way, she also managed to make it the same length as Juliette's. Although it was obviously Katherine when I realised the voice. Juliette has a quiet and melodic voice whilst Katherine's was loud and nasally.