Chapter 23: Explanation

A chill ran down my spine as he whispered to me, the proximity between us causing me to shiver as he spoke in my ear. "You look beautiful, Juliette Hunter" A blush covered my cheeks as I found myself at a loss for words. Despite how close we were standing, I found myself feeling more overwhelmed than anything else.

No panic attack.

"Tell me how I'm supposed keep my eyes off of you tonight" his lips brushed against my ear the slightest bit.

"Are we interrupting something?" I heard Eliza's voice ask as both Levi and I sprang apart.

I didn't even hear the door open.

I turned to see Eliza and Jordan stood besides each other, both smirking, both entirely amused. I heard Levi clear his throat, either out of embarrassment or awkwardness. I couldn't tell. I looked down, allowing my curls to cover my red face. Maybe there was an upside to having my hair down.

I finally met Eliza's eyes, I saw the smirk disappear off her face as her eyes widened "You look amazing Juliette" She squealed as she ran up to me and hug me. When she got close to me she whispered "Did I interrupt an almost kiss?" It was so discreet that even I almost missed it. She pulled away from the hug and looked at me expectantly.

I rolled my eyes before shaking my head. "Do you need to get ready?" I asked

"I mean, I'm not planning on holding my dress for the rest of the day" she replied sarcastically grinning.

"Sarcasm" I commented, impressed "You're learning"

She smiled "Who better than to learn from you?"

It was then, that I knew everything was fine between the two of us. "I'm so-" I began

She interrupted me. "Don't even think about it Juliette"

"Oh, Isla wants you and Levi downstairs for pictures" Jordan said to the two of us, "She said because you two were already done, she would start the pictures now". Levi and I both nodded and headed out of the room before I felt a hand grab my wrist. "I told her not to make you two stand to close" Jordan told me, quietly.

I nodded "Thank you"

When I got out, Levi was waiting for me besides the stairs. "I figured you would need help getting down the stairs" He commented, looking down at my five inch heels.

I looked down at my shoes and found myself agreeing with him. There was no way in hell I could get down these steps without tripping and dying. Levi had his hand held out, expecting me to hold it. I hesitantly extended my arm, slowly placing my palm in his as he wrapped his hand around mine. I felt a spark when his hand touched mine, a shiver running down my spine.

I slowly began stepping down the stairs, careful with not tripping over my own two feet, as Levi slowly helped me downstairs. Although, for whatever reason, my ankle twisted slightly, causing my body to be thrust forwards, and I definitely would have fell to my death if it wasn't for Levi's left arm wrapping against my side and pulling me back up. I don't think my body was able to react to the fact that Levi's arm was still around me. My heart was pounding but it was mostly out of the shock of nearly dying, not Levi's arm being around me.

Or at least I hoped it was.

He smirked at me slightly, as his arm slowly removed itself from my waist "You okay?"

I exhaled "Yeah" I nodded "Thank you for not letting me fall to my death"

He chuckled "It was a pleasure"

I shook my head, laughing slightly "Heels and clumsy girls should not go together" I commented "I could be the smartest person in the entire school but that would not stop me from tripping over my own two feet"