Chapter 17: Interrogation

The entire revision session had gone really well, as unusual as the studying technique was, Levi responded well to it and by the end of the hour he pretty much knew everything on the sheet. We then moved to the details of everything, the significance of what had happened, and then answering some exam questions. As the session went on, I was beginning to get increasingly worried about the amount of food I brought up, and I was pretty sure we would have done brilliantly if it weren't for the fact that I ran out of food. After the kisses had ran out, I reluctantly began giving him my Oreos, but soon those ran out. And when they did, he refused to do any work at all.

Why were boys so hard to get to?

I sat there for several moments, trying to figure out what to do, or what other teaching techniques I could use. It was fair to say that I want the greatest teacher, considering five minutes had gone by and I still had no idea what to do. "Juliette I'm bored!" Levi groaned after staring at me for a few minutes. Why he was staring at me, I had no idea. I was guessing he was waiting for me to come up with another method of studying.

"Levi it's been five minutes!" I laughed, although I literally had no idea what to do myself. It was cu-entertaining that he was a little bit impatient, and eager. It was a little bit strange that he wasn't like this anywhere else, but it was flattering that he tried extremely hard around me.

"But I'm bored!" He repeated. He was lying down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling, looking like he was so deep in thought. He seemed so concentrated, I didn't want to say anything and interrupt his thoughts. He suddenly sprang up, sitting up on my bed before speaking. "Let's play a game"

"You're such a child" I rolled my eyes, although I was more than amused. "What game?" I asked un-crossing my legs. I was pretty uncomfortable as I was sitting in my jeans and hoodie, usually I would come home and change into my pyjamas, but with Levi here, we just dove straight into the work.

He paused for a moment, once again deeply concentrated on god knows what before he decided on the game, although he was so hesitant in speaking I began wondering if I should worry over the result or not.  "20 questions" he muttered so quietly it could've been mistaken as a whisper.

I think I recall flinching at his statement.

I wasn't so sure if I was ready to play 20 questions with Levi. Whilst, sure, at the first sound the game sounds fun and innocent. It really wasn't. It was a ploy people used to find out things about you, that you were less than willing to share. The thing about only being friends with Jordan and Eliza was that nobody would want to pry into my personal life, because they already knew what had happened.

It was strange that I only saw the positive things about Levi and I becoming close. I was only sure about the fact that Levi would not step carefully around me like both Jordan and Eliza did. He would ask me questions like 'did you take your pills?' If I were having am off day. He wouldn't find me not speaking in class remotely suspicious, he wouldn't count it as a sign as falling into depression.

But obviously it wasn't all perfect as I wanted it to be. He was eventually going to get curious, or already is, which in that case means he would eventually allow his curiosity to get the better of himself. He would want to know why I live with Eliza and aunt Jen, he probably already does. He would want to know where my parents are, what happened to them. Why I had a panic attack on the second day I met him. There were so many things that was left unanswered between Levi and I, and whilst he had been extremely gentle and patient, I knew that Levi wouldn't appreciate being left in the dark for too long. Maybe 20 questions is a way of him getting to know about things he doesn't.