Chapter 13: Exaggeration

"Juliette do you still have room in your luggage! I have no room in mine!" Eliza exclaimed to me from the room besides mine as I was furiously attempting to shove my overflowing clothes into my luggage, trying to force it shut.

"I really don't!" I screamed back to her, taking a seat on the luggage and trying to force it shut.

Today was the day we were all supposed to fly to California, well actually, our flight was in six hours.

And none of us had packed.

So there we all were, at 2am, going crazy in our own home as we attempted to pull together enough clothing for a two day trip, one of those days being a wedding rehearsal. I honestly didn't think it would be that bad, considering all I had to do was pack two jeans and two T-shirts. But then I was reminded that I had to pack my wedding rehearsal dress, shoes, jewellery, hair curler, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, underwear, nair, shampoo, conditioner, towel(s), phone charger, laptop, laptop charger, earphones, meds, purse. And that was where all the time went.

Through out the entire time when aunt Jen and Eliza were packing, I was texting Levi, basically making fun of them because of how much they were packing, but then I was reminded I had necessities to pack also, so here I was basically going insane, over a two day trip.

Two. Days.

It was currently Friday, well Saturday now that it's past 12. The plane was at 8 and we would have gotten there around 2 or so. The wedding rehearsal was on Sunday and we would be back on Monday at 6am, just in time for school.

And no we weren't missing school.

Thanks a lot aunt Jen.

We were all running around the house, searching for what to pack, like we were wild animals. I was continuously bumping into Eliza and aunt Jen, and whilst I would apologise, the two would just growl at me and push me out of the way.

Like I said, a pack of wild animals.

Even with the amount I had the pack, I still believed I packed less than aunt Jen and Eliza. Eliza was struggling to fit everything into her luggage  and was attempting to convince me to put it in mine. However, my luggage was barely closing itself.

Aunt Jen however, I decided not to piss off. She was already so stressed, and I was pretty sure she grew three gray hairs in the last half hour. She was going crazy, not only looking after herself, but looking after us.

"Juliette did you take your meds?"

"Eliza did you bring your phone?"

"Juliette get off your lazy ass!"

"Eliza, you better fit all your crap into that luggage of yours!"

She was going mental.

We were finally ready ready to leave three hours before our flight would leave. We decided to take a taxi to the train station because aunt Jen wasn't willing to pay for parking for three days. Which meant we made the taxi driver wait an entire half hour whilst we finished packing and dragged all our stuff downstairs.

He charged us extra.

It was almost impossible to get all our things into the car. Aunt Jen said that we all got our own small luggage each. Emphasis on the small. Eliza however exclaimed that she -and I quote- couldn't ever in her entire lifespan fit all her necessities into the small luggage. Which meant she had forced me into the basement to get her a medium sized luggage.

Even then she struggled to close the thing.

So aunt Jen and I had to sit in the taxi with our luggage on our laps whilst Eliza's stupid luggage took up the entire trunk of the car.