Chapter 34: Dissipation

"Tell me what's the project about" I said to him, taking a seat on the edge of the table, leaving my short legs to dangle.

"It's a placebo project. We give someone a bracelet and tell them that it causes them to feel no pain, and then make them place both of their hands in a bowl of ice water, and we see if they remove both hands at the same time or one at a time" he said to me, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear with his left hand as his right hand rested on my thigh. "I like what you're wearing." He commented.

I looked down to see my V-neck which had dipped lower than I expected it to. Rolling my eyes I lifted it up slightly. "I wonder why"

He looked directly at my facial features before speaking "you're not blushing" he said, more of an observation than anything else.

"I guess I'm just used to your perverted comments" I responded, shrugging slightly as he grinned.

"You'll blush soon, mark my words" he whispered.

"And what makes you so sure?" I smirked.

He got done onto one knee as I lifted an eyebrow. "I swear to god if this is another fake proposal Levi-" I began, laughing slightly.

By now everybody's attention was on us, the entire room silent. I blushed in response considering, as I said before, there were about two hundred people here - and not including faculty. Levi took no notice however, he pulled out a box from under the table I was currently sitting on as I looked at him in confusion. He opened the box, revealing a silver tiara which sparkled against the light.

"What are-" I began, attempting to question him on his actions.

He interrupted me however "every princess needs a tiara for her ball" he began.

Ball? What the fuck was he on?

"Book girl, will you be my princess for prom in two months?" He asked, a hesitant smile on his face.

I couldn't even form a coherent sentence, I was so surprised by the... Well, surprise prom-posal. Instead of saying real words, which I was sure I would have messed up, I settled for a lip bite and a vigorous nod. "Of course" I managed to say.

He grinned in response, crashing his lips onto mine; just like the first time he kissed me in public, I forgot about everybody else. He pulled away for a millisecond "I was going to do this in a more private area but I couldn't deny a challenge" he whispered. I smiled, softly placing my lips on his again.

"Children!" Mr Wright interrupted, causing us to immediately pull apart as I blushed "stop kissing and get on with the stupid project" he sulked before walking away, probably to the staff room along with ten others. There were literally no more teachers here, it scared me how trusting they were.

"What's wrong with him?" Levi asked distastefully.

"He's just moody that I'm going out with you, he ships me with Blake" I answered.

Levi's grip on my thigh tightened, probably in jealousy as I smirked "jealous?" I teased, expecting denial in response.

"Extremely" he muttered, I bit my lip smiling the tiniest bit. "You should know how much of a turn on that really is" he whispered.

I laughed lightly, pushing his chest away gently as I got off the table. "People are gonna be here any second" I started "what do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Well, since you're a better actress than me, I want you to convince people that this bracelet actually works" he said, placing the bracelet in my hands.