Chapter 5: Confrontation

Levi and I had decided that our first study session would be on Saturday, and yes despite the fact that I had automatically assumed that he had a party to attend on that night, he had assured me that he was available. He had also assured me that he was willing to cancel his three dates just for me. Needless to say that due fact that I couldn't slap him, I had to settle with an eye roll.

I was in a pretty good mood when I got out of school, I almost forgot what it felt like to be able to converse with someone who wasn't afraid to make fun of me, yes it was annoying but it wasn't nearly as annoying as it was to know that people were holding back from me.

I got a text from Eliza right after school had ended, she claimed that Jordan wanted to take her out on a date, personally I found that funny considering that they had been on holiday together two weeks ago, but whatever.

I wasn't in the mood to go straight home, despite being September, the sun was still shining and would continue to do so until around seven or so, so I decided to stay out for a while. I headed over to the new ice cream parlour that had opened up on my street, it had become the unofficial school hangout, and no doubt when I went into the shop it was crowded with students from our school.

I contemplated on not buying the ice cream once I saw the amount of people in the shop, but I decided that as long as I didn't feel as if I were trapped between everyone, I had the ability to grab ice cream without freaking out.

I moved towards the line, staring at the different types of ice cream, although I knew exactly what I wanted. The ice cream parlour was the Häagen-Dazs ice cream, and my all time hands down flavour was the cookies and cream and cream flavour, even attempting to argue with me on that subject would give you an earful.

"What would you like?" I looked up to see a guy in a ice cream hat and a white smock look up to me. I automatically recognised him as a junior in my high school, he was cute, with short black hair and brown eyes, he sent me a flirty smile.

"A small cookies and cream please" I smiled politely before reaching into my backpack attempting to reach out for my purse

"It's on the house" He interrupted as I searched for my purse. I stopped and raised an eyebrow. I wondered why he would do that, obviously I wasn't stupid I knew he was flirting with me, but what I always failed to understand is why guys think giving someone free food would automatically make themselves seem more attractive. But I wasn't going to deny free food, so I decided not to interrogate the poor boy.

"Thanks" I replied politely, swinging my backpack over my shoulder before grabbing the ice cream.

I turned around, attempting to head towards the exit, but stopped short when I saw a female figure. Once my eyes focused, wow I really should wear my glasses, I noticed that there were three girls standing side by side. The one in the middle had bleach blonde hair and if it weren't for that, I would've recognised her straight away. Katherine White. Her hair was dirty blonde the last time I saw her, but who was I to keep up with her spontaneous hair colours? I swear during the summer vacation I saw her with purple hair one day and blue the next.

"Hey Juliette" She said, slowly stepping towards me. She had a wide grin on her face and if it weren't for the way she had sneered my name, I would've had mistaken it for a friendly gesture.

"Hi" I replied curtly, mimicking her steps and taking one back.

She smirked at the obvious signs of being intimidated. "It was really nice of you to comfort me the other day about Levi"