Chapter 28: Contemplation

We finally got back home on Monday night. The plan was for us all to go sight seeing on Monday morning and pack all our things before we got onto the flight which was at around six, but that seriously did not go well considering we all pretty much slept until four. We were all so exhausted from the wedding, me especially due to the fact that I hadn't slept in about two days because of my fear of fucking flying.

I didn't remember much of last night after I had gone downstairs. I remembered Jordan and Eliza teasing both Levi and I calling us cute and everything. I remembered that I had finished Clockwork Prince, being extremely frustrated about the ending, and anybody who had read the book would have understood why. I also remembered telling Levi that as soon as we got home we were having another study session because I really needed the next book in the series. But that was all I remembered, the next thing I knew was that I was in bed with my book on the table besides me.

We were all woken up at four by my  phone alarm which blared around the small hotel room, and let me tell you right now, if it weren't for my annoying phone we would have all missed the plane. I jerked awake and despite expecting Eliza to also be awake by the extremely loud noise, I still basically pulled Eliza off the bed. We then came to the conclusion that she would wake aunt Jen and that I should wake the boys. We had decided that because apparently she would be too nice to wake up the boys, who no doubt needed more than a whisper to wake up, and she was too nice to scream in their ears like she suspected I would do.

I didn't scream in their ears, I didn't want them to turn deaf.

So I did the next best thing.

I poured ice cold water on them.

I stole two bottles of water from their mini fridge, I looked at the price and realised it cost eight dollars for the two of them, but I decided that this would be worth it. And it was. It was honestly the most hilarious thing on earth, I think they both screamed at the exact same time. I dropped the plastic bottles on their heads and fell to the ground because I was laughing too hard. I couldn't breathe and I was clutching my stomach to stop the pain.

"What the hell Juliette?" Jordan screamed, jerking awake and sitting upright. He was soaked in water, his hair basically dripping like an endless waterfall.

"I'm sorry! But when will I ever get this opportunity again?" I wheezed, laughing too hard.

"You do realise that I am an extremely light sleeper? A whisper could have woken me!" Levi muttered angrily as he ran a hand through his messy wet hair.

"I couldn't have poured water on just Jordan. That's just mean" I smiled, attempting to stop laughing.

I failed, miserably.

I burst out into giggles and I couldn't stop. I watched at Jordan came towards me, backing up to the wall when I had realised how menacing he looked. He grabbed me before I could make a run for it and threw me onto his bed, not before messing up my hair though. "My hair!" I screamed angrily.

"I know, you're just lucky I don't have a bottle of water around me" He shouted as he causally strolled out of the room.

I looked across at Levi who was just smiling slightly. "You're not angry at me, are you?" I asked in an innocent voice, knowing immediately that he wasn't. The smile across his face gave that away.

He rolled his eyes "I was, and then you giggled, and then I realised how much I liked it when you laughed, and now you're forgiven"

I couldn't help but smile at his statement.

"How did I get to bed last night?" I questioned suddenly, allowing curiosity to get the better of me as I realised that I had never stopped thinking about it.