Chapter 36: Irritation

"Jordan please pay attention, we need a plan" I snapped to Jordan as he scrolled on Instagram on his phone. "It's less than a month until prom and you haven't asked Eliza yet!" I reminded him as he waved me off with his right hand, his left hand practically mother fucking glued to his phone.

It was one month after the school lock in. School wasn't easy, but I didn't expect it to be, although it was a lot easier than I imagined so. People were a lot more pitying than anything else, I didn't know what Katherine attempted to achieve by telling everybody my problems, but if it was to drive me crazy from sympathy, she achieved her goal.

At this period of time, I was sat in my room on my bed with Jordan in front of me. Eliza had set me up with the job of getting Jordan to ask her to prom in an extremely romantic way. She told Jordan that she wasn't going to be home until five due to prom committee (which surprisingly, she really enjoyed) and I thought this was the perfect time to meet with Jordan and figure out what he was doing for her. It wasn't going well though. For the past half hour, I had been attempting to help Jordan come up with a plan but to no avail. He was completely ignoring me and honestly did not care about prom.

"Jordan I'm not even kidding I'm about this fucking close to smacking your head with my table lamp" I threatened him, as I grabbed the lamp in my hand for emphasis.

"Okay! Okay! Jesus Christ woman" he said placing his phone on the bed. "I swear I won't touch my phone just put the lamp down" he slowly and carefully instructed.

I did as I was told, smirking in victory "so" I began, looking down at my notebook "tell me what your plan for asking Eliza to prom is" I ordered.

He raised an eyebrow "plan?" He asked "I was just gonna walk up to her and ask her, it worked when I asked her out" he shrugged.

"You were fourteen years old! Of course that worked!" I snapped before taking a deep breath in and rubbing my temples "this is senior prom, the last prom you will get, please be serious" I begged. Looking up from my notebook however, I noticed that he was balancing three pillows on his head at once.

"I am being serious" he said

I picked up the lamp again and held it close to his head "mess about one more time, I fucking dare you" I warned.

His eyes widened as they focused on the silver lamp held directly in front of his face, then looking up at me,"sorry" he apologised.

"Come on, let's brainstorm!" I said in a fake cheery voice, placing the lamp down.

"You give me a headache" he muttered.

"Well your face makes me sick, but we both love Eliza so shut the fuck up and help me so I can kick you out of my room" I demanded.

"I do have a plan Juliette!" He groaned finally.

"Well if you have a plan then that's great" I said "what is it?"

"I'm not telling you" He said defiantly as I grit my teeth and glared at him "please stop doing that, it's scary" he added as an afterthought.

"Tell me your plan!" I demanded.

"No you'll tell her!" He responded childishly.

"My entire life is pretty much a secret, now tell me!" I ordered.

"My entire life is pretty much a secret" he mimicked as I rolled my eyes. "Who the fuck do you think you are, Hannah Montana?"

I glared at him causing him to cower from fear.

He groaned loudly, emphasising his point as I raised an eyebrow at him. "Fine" he sighed. He reached into his bag, taking out a little box, around the size of my palm. Opening the box he revealed a beautiful ring, sitting the in the centre of the box, literally glinting against the light.