Chapter 4: Adjustation

I was finally able to escape the grasp of my history teacher, who was persistent on me telling everybody about my conditions. I had began wondering if I was going to be able to meet Jordan and Eliza on time, or if my free period was going to be taken up by the woman in front of me. I had agreed on telling one person, and slowly telling a few more people, wondering if she actually wanted to be a history teacher or a therapist. Of course I wasn't going to actually tell anybody, and if she were to ask I would say Jordan, considering she didn't know he knew.

To my surprise, once I had exited the room, there was no sight or Jordan nor Eliza; in their place however, stood Levi, looking nervously at me. He stood there, both hands clasped into the other, his blue eyes-which oddly looked darker than usual-poured into mine, guilt shining within his blue orbs. Nervously fidgeting his hands, he gave me a lazy grin, almost as if he were apologising to me through his smile.

"Hi" He said almost breathlessly when he noticed me waking out of the room. I think he noticed how quiet he sounded in comparison to how he usually greeted me, as he added "took you long enough" as an after thought

"I didn't know you were waiting for me" I shrugged, too exhausted to even sarcastically retaliate, as I tried to walk past him; I was stubborn in not allowing him to question me about what had happened not too long ago. But no matter how hard I tried in order to slip past him, he somehow managed to catch up to me, and by somehow I mean he just walked considering three of my steps were equivalent to one of his long strides.

"Hey, where are you going?" He questioned, quickening his pace, as I did so mine.

To the nurses office. "Nowhere" I muttered, refusing to tell him the full truth, as I realised he was staring at me, probably in hopes of getting a clearer answer. "The library" I muttered as soon as i noticed the look of disbelief he had sent me due to my last answer. In hindsight, I should have realised my bluff would have been called out, due to the fact that I was indeed heading towards the opposite direction of the library. However, either Levi hadn't realised that little fact, or he decided to disregard it completely.

"Then" he began, extending the last letter of the word as if he was wondering what to do next. "I'll join you" he concluded, beginning to quicken his pace in attempt to keep up with mine.

I decided not to reply to his offer, instead I began to walk even faster than I had already been doing so, beginning to feel breathless as my legs began to tire slightly. Clutching my books tightly to my chest, I looked down at my feet, avoiding his stare as I began wondering if I were to ever make it to the nurses office-or would there be distractions such as this all day?

"Juliette, slow down" Levi all but demanded as he finally began to struggle to keep up with my pace, considering I was basically sprinting in order to avoid him. I thought I was doing pretty well in avoiding him until a felt a cold and soft palm come into contact with my palm, roughly pulling me. Levi had grabbed my arm, and pulled me towards him in such a force that I had basically spun and crashed into his chest. I attempted to step back, trying to create some space between the pair of us, but the distance was no more than a few inches. My heart beat began accelerating, and my hands began to shake. I felt as if the wind as knocked out of my lungs, and for the second time in the past hour, I began to felt a panic attack consume me.

Out of pure shock, the books that I so tightly held against my chest, slipped out of my grasp and came crashing against the concrete under my feet, causing the loud bang sound to reverberate around the empty hallway. The loud sound caused Levi to jump away from me out of surprise, letting go of my wrist, as I retracted it, feeling my heart beat slow down, and finding myself being able to breathe normally once again.

"I'm sorry" Levi muttered, bending down and gathering my history textbook, before picking it up and handing it back to me. I still felt dizzy as I silently took the books from him, finding myself not being able to reply to him, instead slowly nodding, adamant on not letting my tears fall from my eyes. He stepped towards me once again, causing me to step instinctively.