Chapter 37: Cooperation

"Juliette do you like this one?" Eliza questioned, holding up a baby blue long dress against her body.

"I don't know" I pondered, "it feels too simple for Eliza Harte"

There was less than a month left until prom and we hadn't gone prom shopping. It was mostly because Eliza wanted to go shopping after Jordan had asked her prom, which honestly I found stupid because obviously he would have asked her out anyway. But I honestly didn't complain because I couldn't be bothered to go shopping, which clearly I now regret. All the girls had basically gone prom shopping in like January and here we were in April, with less than a month left until prom, still looking for dresses to wear. We had visited around five stores already and one time Eliza literally barged past an employee to check the back.

And even then she couldn't find a dress she liked.

Great.

"There is literally nothing here that is good enough for me!" She groaned "and it's like the seven hundredth store we've visited all day. "I wish we had a like...Oxford Street" she aid, referring to the famous street in London.

"I mean" I began "I've been there loads of times, and I don't remember everything but it's not amazing" I shrugged. 

"Yeah, I forgot about your yearly visits to London" she glared out of jealously "I wish mom would have let me go with you"

I smiled "Mom loved London, she said it was just so beautiful and posh"

Every year for a summer vacation, mom, dad and I would fly to England. Mom loved how serene it was and dad just loved how happy it made mom. I loved going to England, it was my favourite part of the year. It was just a time when out entire family was happy. My favourite part about England was the just the places, Oxford Street, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus. Everything in London was just so beautiful and calm.

When I was in sixth grade, mom decided that she wanted to live in London for an entire year. So we did. We rented an apartment for an entire year, I went I to school in London. Everything was so different. I had to wear uniform, and I went to Secondary School. There were no populars, or nerds or jocks. Everybody had their groups of friends, and everybody was just nice to each other. London seemed like a dream.

But mom really missed aunt Jen and as much as I loved school in London, I loved Eliza more.

"What colour do you think Jordan would like?" Eliza asked me, holding a dark purple dress to her chest "oh my god, we have to go tie shopping today as well!" She groaned loudly.

"I told Levi to just wear a black tie, he looks really good in black" I said to her.

"That, and it's your favourite colour Juliette" she snorted, holding up a brown dress the scrunching her nose in disgust. "Gross" she whispered at the colour of the dress.

Did they even expect to sell that?

"I also told him to not buy me a corsage" I said to her.

She rolled her eyes "you might as well have told him to bring another date considering you aren't following any prom tradition"

"At least I'm gonna be wearing a dress" I muttered "besides, I'm being practical, hay fever and makeup does not go together"

"Okay, I'm done with this conversation unless you help me look for a dress." She responded in a typical Eliza fashion. "Why aren't you looking for a dress?" She asked me.

"Mom promised me she's take me to London for prom shopping" I said quietly, scanning the room for a dress.

"I wish we could go to London" Eliza muttered.