Chapter 9: Fascination

"Nice room" Levi smirked as he entered my bedroom. He surveyed my ivory walls and then my lilac bed covers. "I imagined your bedroom to be black and goth like you".

"I am not goth!" I replied defensively.

His eyes roamed my body, as I blushed before looking down at my all black outfit. "Right" he smirked.

"Why were you imagining my bedroom anyway?" I asked him smugly.

"A gentleman does not repeat such things" He claimed in a terrible British accent, another smirk following his sentence as my face and neck heated up out of embarrassment.

My cheeks burned once he had said it, almost as if someone had lit a match and held it besides my cheeks "Are you serious?" I questioned, attempting to remain calm and collected.

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding!" He exclaimed, as I felt my chest deflate as I breathed out "maybe" he added in the end

"Levi, shut up!" I demanded, knowing fully will that my cheeks resembled a tomato.

"You're cute when you blush, you know that right?" He questioned smugly.

"You're obnoxious when you talk, you know that right?" I retaliated "anyway, what do you need help with?" I asked in attempt to change the subject.

"Well, I've read the book...now what?" He asked, pulling out his books from his backpack.

"What the key thing examiners look for is your ability to explain quotations. And usually, you have to explain their relevance to the question or topic" I explained, grabbing my laptop from the table. I looked at my bed, where Levi was seated, he pretty much took up most of my bed, despite it being king size. His books and bags were spread around, leaving me barely any space to sit.

"Are you going to take a seat?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.

I shook my head in reply.

"I don't bite" he continued.

I grabbed a wheelie chair from my desk and set in next to my bed, taking a seat, as I opened up my laptop and googled 'Pride and Prejudice exam questions'. "Okay" I began "How does Austin use the character of Darcy to represent the stereotypes of the upper class?"

Levi sat in silence for a while, thinking. I noticed that while he thought, he scrunched his eyebrows, almost in a childlike motion.

"Okay" I sighed, realising he wasn't getting it. "How do you think rich people behave?" I asked.

"Um, I don't know? They're all stuck up, and snobs" He answered.

I smiled "that's great. I mean, not the stereotype itself, but the fact that you understood it" I said. "Okay, now tell me. How was Darcy as a character when he was first introduced?".

"An asshole" Levi responded almost immediately.

"Okay, what makes you think that?" I questioned, grinning at the fact that he had understood so quickly.

"He refused to dance with Elizabeth" He muttered, almost as if he were unsure of himself.

"Now what you would do, is look for a quote that relates to that" I suggested.

Levi got his copy of pride and prejudice out before he began searching for a quote. Once he had found one, I instructed him to note down the page number and underline it in pencil. "Now what you would do, is link this to another topic or another character" I continued.

"I'm bad at linking" He answered looking down at his papers.

"I'm sure you're not. Let's link him to a character. When you want to link him to a character, you would choose someone who's either exactly like him, or completely different. Usually someone completely different is easier" I stated.