Chapter 19: Exasperation

I followed Levi into his room. His room was all white, except for the red double bed which was placed in the corner of the room. Directly in front of his bed was his desk, which was plain white and was nearly stacked with school books and other pieces of extra paper, along with a laptop which was placed on the desk. On the other side of his room was where his wardrobe was placed. That was a dark brown colour, it looked old and rusted. But it looked nice in the room.

"Your family is hilarious" I whispered, taking a seat on his bed as I smiled to myself "everybody is so nice."

He chuckled, grabbing his chair which was by the desk, and setting it in front of the bed so he was sitting directly in front of me. "My family is extremely annoying"

"It just seems so nice to have more than two other people in your house" I answered.

"I mean it's not always like that" he shrugged "most of the time it's just me, mom, Poppy, Rosie and Ruby but then everybody comes over almost everyday" he answered.

"It's honestly still better than nothing" I responded.

"You don't have nothing" he whispered.

I practically have nothing.

"Your family is not just you, Eliza and your aunt. It's also me and Jordan" he answered as I found myself smiling. "So tell me, what did you get for Christmas?" He questioned.

I shrugged "aunt Jen got Eliza and I both an iPhone 6, which honestly was extremely stupid because of the price, but I love her anyway. Eliza got me a set of watercolours and Jordan got me paint brushes"

"You paint?" He questioned.

"Nope" I answered, shaking my head.

He began laughing "then why did they buy you all that?"

"I bought Eliza a stack of paper if it helps" I grinned

"I'm confused" he said slowly.

"Eliza and I always get each other joke presents for Christmas. The real ones are hidden around the house somewhere, we need to find them" I responded.

"And Jordan?" He asked

"Jordan never gets me anything useful. I bought him a third grade text book. But in my defence the thing I bought him could actually go to use" I shrugged smirking slightly.

"So what did you really buy Eliza?" He asked.

"She's probably expecting it. I get her the same thing every year. When we were twelve I bought her a Swarovski bracelet but with no charms because they're like sixty dollars each, so every year I get her a new charm for her bracelet."

"Close your eyes" he suddenly said.

"Wait what?" I questioned

"Just do it, please" he continued as I found myself doing ask I was suddenly told.

I heard a lot of shuffling around, and despite being extremely tempted to open my eyes and see what in the world was happening, I kept them shut.

"You can open them again" he whispered, I could tell he was very close to me, his hot breath against my ear sent goosebumps down my back. I opened them to see him holding a necklace put in front of me. It was a single snowflake pendant, it was small and beautiful. "Merry Christmas to my ice queen" he said.

I felt warmth explode in my cheeks as I struggled to come up with a response. I settled for an "it's beautiful."

He smiled "just like you" he answered.