Coming Home (Part 2)

I know that I'm completely obsessed with coffee, but have you guys tried the Smoked Butterscotch Latte from Starbucks?? It's like a freaking TOASTED MARSHMALLOW that's been whipped into a heavenly drink!!

"Stiles est un perdant et ne survivrait pas une journée en France."

You were the only one that laughed at the joke that no one else understood. You, Scott, Stiles, Isaac, Lydia, and Kira were sitting in Derek's loft. Derek, himself, was attending to the specific recipes for the dinner that night in his upstairs kitchen. Liam was at Mason's house, and Malia never gave a clear answer to why she couldn't come to Isaac's Welcome Home party.

Stiles set down his Coke and leaned in, "I heard my name, so I know it's something about me."

You tried to stop laughing as Isaac explained, "Actually, Stiles, I said that you're a loser and that you wouldn't survive a day in France."

Stiles laughed, "Oh, so a little sissy like you could survive, and I couldn't? What's so bad over there?"

Isaac looked away, and Scott discreetly punched Stiles in the knee before asking, "Hey, what happened? We thought that everything was fine over there."

Isaac looked over at you and gave a grateful, half-hearted smile as you took one of his hands to encourage him. He took a deep breath, and dove into his tale.

"When I had gotten off of the plane with Argent, everything was fine. The people were kind, the cities were beautiful, and the distinct cultural differences were so intriguing and dynamic. Argent had told me on the plane that he would live with me for a few weeks before going off on his own. I thought that it was the perfect set-up to begin my new life in France."

"We stayed in the top floor of a tall apartment complex, and we got along really well. Argent told me a lot of history about France, and even a little bit about the three werewolf packs that he had heard about. One of those packs sounded way too dangerous, another sounded too unorganized, but the last one sounded perfect. After a bit of research, I found out how to make contact with the Alpha, and we set up a meeting."

"You don't know how nerve-wracking it was as I stood in front of a gorgeous 4 story French house. I knocked on the door and waited with sweaty palms and a frantically beating heart. It's like a job interview, you know, but one that could actually change your life. A woman now more than 5 feet tall answered the door and smiled. She ushered me inside, sat me down in the spacious living room, and left me there to wait. I-"

Derek walked in with oven mitts on his hands and a scowl on his face,

"I made some cookies for a snack if you want them."

You all just stared at the interruption until Stiles asked, "What type are they?"

Derek rolled his eyes, "They're made from the blood of my enemies, what do you think, Stilinski?"

He walked back into the kitchen and brought out an arrangement of chocolate chip cookies, set them down on the table, and apologized to Isaac before returning to his brooding baking grounds.

"Anyways, um, I had to wait there for like 15 minutes until someone finally came down to greet me. He was a short man with black hair, but he had more muscles than Derek. He sat across from me after I shook his hand and began to interrogate me. Once I said that I was from Beacon Hills and was looking for a new pack, his entire face lit up. He accepted me immediately."

"I got to know the others really well, since there were only 6 of us in the pack. They all lived in the house together, so I moved in and said goodbye to Chris. He came home to you guys after I had left him, so I didn't even know that he left."

"The short guy's name was James, and the rest of the pack included Kayleigh, Gordon, Annalee, Terra, and Fredrick. Life was great for a year, and I even got a job at the resident animal clinic. Here's the thing. Life is an endless series of trainwrecks with only brief commercial-like breaks of happiness. This had been the ultimate commercial break. Which meant it was time to return to our regularly scheduled programming."
(Deadpool quote)

"I came home one day from work, and I opened the door. Annalee was sitting on the couch while she was reading a book, but something seemed odd. I walked over to her to ask what was up, but I had to stop dead in my tracks once I realized that she had a bright red line across her throat. Someone dressed in all black stood up slowly behind the couch and tapped her head to make it fall off and drop down next to her body on the cushions."

"All that I remember was running up the stairs, throwing my belongings into a bad, and dropping from the window of my room...which was two stories up. I landed on a patch of grass, but my legs gave out from under me, causing something to snap. I yelled from the terrible pain, and soon I was surrounded by a circle of men pointing guns at me."

"Instead of killing me, I was kidnapped and taken to their warehouse. Over the course of the next year, I was an experiment that they trained and tortured to view different responses. They managed to use some sort of medication to make me evolve, and that's even more pain than I had ever suffered when I was living with my dad."

"During that time, I Skyped (Y/N) as much as I could from the restricted laptop that I was allowed to use, but I didn't want her to see what I was going through. I began to gain my captors' trust until only one test stood between my becoming part of their hunter group."

"They put me in a room with one complete wall of two-way glass. The door on the other side of the room opened, a guy that wasn't much older then me was pushed in, and the door was slammed behind him as he darted to try to get back out. He gave me a terrified sideways glance and retreated to a defensive position in the corner without taking his eyes off of me. I stared at myself in the mirror, knowing that I was really looking straight at the hunters behind the glass, "What do you want me to do?"

"I already knew before they even said it. My heart sunk even lower when they confirmed my suspicions, 'You are going to kill him, but you must do so in your wolf form. It's our last eligibility test for you to be able to join us on our next mission. You will be a vital member of our group, since no other hunting party has ever thought of recruiting their enemy as their ally.'"

"I shook my head and leaned against the side of the room, refusing to do what they had asked. I would rather die than kill somebody who hadn't done anything wrong by me. Sadly, the hunters had another plan. Something started to smell weird, and I figured out that they were pumping some sort of gas through the vents and into the enclosed room."

"It's like I snapped. I couldn't control my own emotions or movements, and all I could feel was anger and aggression. Obviously, this kid had a forced change of heart, too, so we both ran and attacked each other."

"It didn't take long for me to change into my newly enhanced werewolf form...and let's just say the fight didn't end well for the other guy. The hunters accepted me because I had completed their requirements, but I felt awful after I came back to my senses. Their mission was to find Scott, so that's how I was led back. I'm not leaving, either."

~~~

After Isaac's story, you stared at him with your jaw dropped and your eyes wide. It was dead silent. Scott was the first one to speak,

"So...what evolving are you talking about?"

Isaac shrugged as he put his arm around your shoulders, "I'm like Derek now. I turn into a full, more attractive wolf... But now I have blue eyes."

You looked up him as Derek yelled, "FOOD'S READY!!"

Everyone filed out, leaving you two alone. You snuggled into his chest and spoke,

"Nothing that has happened has changed my feelings about you. I love you, and I'm ecstatic that you get to stay."

He sighed as if a huge weight had been lifted off of his shoulders, "Thank you. You don't know how much I needed that. I love you, too."