Snow Problem (Part 2)

Go see "Why Him" in theaters if you're 17+. You won't regret it.

You glanced over at the woods before looking back at Isaac,

"Um, hell no. We're running away from this thing together."

You grabbed Isaac's hand and pulled, but he stayed still with his arm muscle flexing underneath his thin, green sweater. He looked you in the eye and shook his head as the large animal  prowled out of the woods towards the both of you,

"I know what I'm doing, (Y/N). I promise that I'll be safe. I need you to run back to the house. Now."

He ripped his hand out of yours as the thing sprung towards him with a loud, inhuman growl. You turned and ran as fast as you could in the other direction, but it wasn't long before you slowed down. From a good distance, you dropped to the ground and watched the mauling of your future husband...or so you called him.

You expected to see a bloody mess. You expected the reaction of revulsion and agony as you watched Isaac being ripped to pieces. However, this wasn't the case.

Isaac straight up punched the weird animal in the face. Your jaw dropped as Isaac's body seemed to go through some sort of morph. He slashed his hand at the thing's face, and you fought the temptation to cover your eyes.

You also didn't expect the creepy creature to disregard Isaac as it began to sprint full speed in your direction. You froze, not knowing what to do. Then, Isaac turned around.

His face was nothing like the handsome boy that you, in all honesty, had fallen in love with. It was contorted to reveal golden eyes, sharp claws, and terrible, terrible sideburns. It dawned on you faster than the speeding freak in front of you.

Your crush was a werewolf. And, man, was he attractive.

You were so lost in your own thoughts that Isaac's voice was the only thing that pulled you out of your daze,

"(Y/N)!!! MOVE!!"

You sprung to your feet and started to flee, but something sharp dug into your calf. You screamed at the top of your lungs as the thing took you down, and you suddenly became blind with rage. Everything blurred together, and you passed out.

~~~

When you woke up, you were in a hospital bed. Your leg was propped above the sheets with a large bandage on the side of it. Isaac was asleep in the chair next to your bed.

You gently placed a hand on his leg to wake him, and his eyes snapped open,

"What? What's going on? Am I dreaming?"

You giggled, "No, I'm just waking you up. How did I get here? And would you mind explaining the freakishly hairy sideburns that appeared and disappeared on your face?"

He blushed, "Oh, they're natural. It kinda sucks, though. I hate them. Anyways, you did something incredible."

You tilted your head, "I did? What?"

"You stayed alive. I thought you were going to die with the Beast on top of you."

Your eyebrows knitted together in confusion, "Is that what you call it? What was it? Why did it's EYES glow? You have a lot of explaining to do."

He flinched slightly, "Well, I thought you would hate me if I told you up front. I'm a werewolf, and the Beast is a different type of werewolf. Don't worry, I called Lydia and she handled it. We had a spat with the Beast earlier this semester, but this was a weaker form.

Lydia's a Banshee. If she yelled the main person's name, they turned back to normal. We thought it was gone, but it was just a small bit of the essence left in Mason."