Sidewalks

So, you decided that you needed to work out. Summer was coming up quickly...and even though you could care less about what other people thought, you wanted to gain some strength and endurance. Plus, I mean, if a murderer came to your door, you wanted to let them know who was the boss.

You went shopping for some workout clothes at your local sports store, but as your were checking out, you checked out your cashier. He had brown curly hair and blue eyes that sparkled like diamonds. His pearly white teeth showed when he flashed you a smile, but it took you a few seconds to break out of your gaping to smile back.

He smirked, "Will that be all for you today, ma'am?"

You gave a slight laugh, "I wish not."

He tilted his head with a confused expression, and you gasped, "OH! Oh, yes, I'm sorry, heh..." You smiled awkwardly and tried to stop the blush that threatened to color your cheeks. The guy gave a slight laugh as he told you your total, and he turned so that you could see his name tag.

You paid and gathered your bags as he remarked, "Have a good day!" You used your secret weapon: the name.

"You too, Isaac!"

That got his attention. His eyes turned to watch you as you left, and you looked over your shoulder at him one time to make him immediately snap away his gaze to look at another customer. You smiled, knowing that you would definitely come back.

~~~

The next day, you woke up at an ungodly hour and forced yourself through the motions of getting ready. You tugged on your new sporty clothing, grabbed your phone and headphones, filled a water bottle, and locked the door behind you as you walked out.

You leisurely strolled down your driveway to the sidewalk, where you began to jog while playing the first pumped up jam from your workout playlist. Soon, you began to walk again, but that quickly changed to a run.

Your legs burned when you went back to a slower pace, but your music made it better. You began to use the sequence as a routine, and you got so into the zone that you didn't notice the scenery around you. You especially didn't notice the person jogging in your direction, who was zoned out as well.

You ran smack into somebody in a royal blue workout shirt and black shorts. The both of you went down, but the other person was on their feet and helping you up before you could even shake out of the distracted fog.

"Hey, weren't you my customer yesterday?"

Your head shot up as your wide eyes took in the familiar curly hair and diamond eyes, "Oh, Isaac!! Hi, I'm (Y/N). I didn't know that you lived around here!"

He laughed, "Yeah, I live with a friend in a loft back the way that I came. Hey, do you run this way everyday?" You shook your head shyly, "Well, I just started working out, but I will if I can see you!"

He tilted his head and smirked, "What did you say?"

Your eyes widened even more in realization, "Oh, nothing at all, just mumbling. Do YOU come this way every day?"

He smirked and mimicked, "I will if I can see you!"

You sighed, "Ok, Isaac, then how about we just meet up and run together?"

He laughed and fell into step beside you as you approached a crosswalk, "That sounds like a plan to me. Are those the clothes that you just bought?"

You nodded and started across the street when the sign allowed you to, but you gasped when you felt his hand take a hold of your wrist and jerk you back. You stared in shock as a crazy driver sped by the space that you would have been in.

You turned to Isaac, speechless, but he simply let go of your wrist, took your hand, and pulled you along with him, "New rule: always hold my hand when you cross a street."

You nodded, still dumbfounded, and he smiled at you as he resumed his jog on the new sidewalk. You fell into a decent pace beside him, and his smile widened, "You know, I just might look forward to working out now, (Y/N)"

Your smile mirrored his, "Well, Isaac, I believe I will, too."

I love you all, my peeps, and I hope you're having a good week! Only about 3 more weeks of school for me before summer! Don't forget to like and comment!