Can You Even Cook?

Yikes, I've started making edits. Sorry for the hiatus, y'all. I'm going to try to get better at updating (I promise) Creds to laheysbabe96 for the idea.
Also, please comment if you want me to make another part of a previous chapter!! I know some seem incomplete, so I would like your feedback for that.

What's the first thing that your boyfriend did when he got to your house? He busted open the door and threw his arms out,

"(Y/N), I offered for us to make dinner for the whole pack tonight!"

You put down the book that you were reading as you sat up from the couch, "Excuse me? Can you even cook? I know that I can't."

It was true. You had been cursed with a terrible sense of cooking. Even toast burned when it was underneath your attention, and the spaghetti was always either under or overcooked. If he had offered such a random thing, you could only hope that Isaac had a secret talent. However, his reply didn't hold much of a relief.

He rubbed the back of his neck, "Well, actually, I can kind of cook. It depends on what we make."

You chuckled as you stood and walked over to your dining room table while opening Pinterest on your phone, "Alright, well this may be a hot mess. Let me look up a few easy recipes. Do you want to try making soup? Maybe some bread would go good with that."

Isaac nodded, "That's all good, but I want to cook a chicken." You nearly choked in surprise, but he quickly held out his hands, "I know it sounds crazy, but I've always wanted to try it! Can we? Please? It can be the main course and we can make all of the food you mentioned, too. We have all day!"

With a sigh, you agreed, "Ok, but YOU are in charge of that bird. If it messes up, it's YOUR fault."

The pair of you drove to the grocery store, grabbed all of the necessary ingredients, and brought it all back. You had decided to make a hearty vegetable soup with lemon pepper rub on the chicken and soft, buttery yeast rolls. It all sounded fairly easy. You could do this, right? It wasn't like you were being asked to correctly cook an octopus.

Isaac parked in front of your house and followed after you to help carry the groceries in, "Hey, (Y/N), why did the chicken cross the road, roll in the mud and cross the road again?

You shook your head as you dropped the heavy load on the counter, "I can only imagine. Why?"

He held up the frozen chicken, "Because he was a dirty double-crosser!"

You rolled your eyes as you laughed at the stupid joke. It was just the first out of many that would be made. Once all of the ingredients had been set out, you began to cut up fresh vegetables after pouring the broth into a pot that you had set on the stove to warm. Isaac hacked through the plastic that covered the frozen chicken and began to rub the lemon pepper over it.

"Hey, (Y/N), why did the tomato blush?" You didn't even respond before he yelled out the answer, "BECAUSE IT SAW THE SALAD DRESSING!! Get it?"

You let out a sigh and nodded, "Yes. Yes I do. How many of these lame jokes do I have to suffer through while we  make this?"

He grinned as he smacked the chicken, "Oh, I'm just warming up."

Sure enough, as you finished mixing the soup and turned your attention to the rolls, he had made several more food jokes. You were trying your hardest not to laugh so that he would get the hint to stop, but he was either oblivious or he ignored your silent disapproval.

Finally, everything that was cooking didn't actively need to be attended to. Isaac spun around and opened his mouth to probably spout some other lame joke, but you held up your hand to stop him, "Alright. No more jokes, but I'll let you pick out a movie for us to watch while this cooks."

He immediately agreed, and you both settled down to watch Thor: Ragnarok. You cuddled next to Isaac and you hadn't felt more comfortable. You didn't even realize that you drifted off into the land of sleep until you heard a shrill beeping noise.

You sat up and rubbed your eyes, still in the fog of your nap when you smelled it. Something was burning.

You sprang to your feet, knocking Isaac onto his side since he had fallen asleep as well. You grabbed your phone, turned off the alarm that you had set for fifteen minutes ago, and ran quickly to the kitchen.

You frantically began to shut everything off as Isaac ran in behind you, "I can't believe we fell asleep!!! How much of the food is ruined?"

You grabbed an oven mitt and began to open the oven in response, but the thick black smoke that billowed out of it caused you to slam it shut, "Well, the chicken definitely can't cross the road anymore. Let's just keep that shut for now, because I don't want the fire alarm to go off. I'm thankful it was my phone and not that which woke me up."

Isaac peeked into the other oven that held the bread and wrinkled his nose, "I don't think it's supposed to look like that. How's the soup?"

To your relief, the vegetable soup had needed a bit of extra time to continue simmering, but you still moved it away from it's spot as you turned the stove off, "I think it's edible. What should we do about everything else??"

Isaac went to the cabinet and held up a loaf of sliced bread, "Toast? I don't think we can mess that up too badly."

You smiled as he placed two slices of bread in the toaster, but just as he pressed the button downwards to begin heating it, the pack burst through the door.

Stiles rubbed his hands together, "I SMELL SOMETHING...burnt. Guys, what the hell did you do to our food."

Scott rolled his eyes, "I KNEW I should have never left you guys in charge of dinner!!"

You cleared your throat, suddenly embarrassed about your progress, "I mean, we have decent vegetable soup and...um...toast."

Suddenly, Isaac came up behind you and held up his phone, "Don't worry, guys! I've got Mexican takeout on the way. Everybody tell me what you want while I have them on the phone."

You sighed, feeling as if a weight dropped off your shoulders while the rest of the pack gathered around your boyfriend. You moved back to the kitchen to place the soup into a container, and it wasn't too long until you felt Isaac wrap his arms around you. You smiled, "Quick thinking! When are we taking that burnt chicken out of the oven?"

He hummed as he propped his chin on top of your head, "Maybe later. But now..." Before he could finish his sentence, a loud ding rang out through the room. Both you and Isaac were so startled that you fell to the ground, and you groaned as you pushed him off of you. Looking up at the counter above you, laughter sprang into your chest,

"Oh my god, we were scared by the toaster!!"

"Yeah, we would have been 'toast' if that's all we had for dinner." You slapped him in the arm as he stood up and helped you to your feet. From then on, the pack never asked the two of you to cook again.

You guys. Idk if y'all have heard of BTS, but my friend got me into the fandom. RIP because they're consuming my life

Don't forget to like and comment!!