Chapter 5

Bethany:

She was always by my side, inseparable. We were like a dynamic duo, mirror images of each other, finishing each other's sentences. What went wrong?

Now the only choice I have to make is, am I the hunter or am I the prey? High school is a crazy game of survival. You just need to be on the right side, then things will go your way. That's what she used to say, but she's gone now.

Why did you do it, Maya, why? What she did yesterday, shook me to my core.

Fice can't torture me if I'm on its side, can it? I will hunt Maya down until she has no choice but to surrender. I'm taking over her game. If Maya is Fice, then she will be the one who has to be careful about who to trust, not me. I can attack her in closets too. I can easily send threats. I can call myself something fancy and I can scare people too. Is she playing a game for six-year-old children?

Marco's the one who ruined everything. He ruined me. I'll get him back for all the pain he's caused. I can see that he's trying to be nice to me in school, but nothing will change. Nothing will ever change.

"Hey, I want you to have this. It used to help you fall asleep when you had nightmares," my dad says and hands me a teddy bear.

"Thank you dad," I say with my heart feeling frayed.

"Her name is Briley," he says. I look at the bear and then towards my dad.

"Bethany, are you okay?" my dad asks me.

"Yeah dad, I'm fine," I say holding his hand. He has had cancer for five years now.

"I just, I feel like everyone is betraying me," I say, referring to Maya.

"Me too," he answers.

"What, why?" I ask him.

"Everyone has their secrets darling, some are just better keepers."

"Dad what happened?" I ask him.

"Your mom might not be completely honest with you. But you'll find out when the time is right."

"Just tell me...dad...DAD!" I say freaking out when he struggles to breathe. "Mom!"

My mom rushes in and sees my dad, shaking. She immediately calls 911. All I can think at this moment is why mom, why? What did you do to dad? Why does he feel betrayed?

2 hours later...

The ambulance came quickly and took my dad to the hospital. My mom and I kept hoping that everything would be okay. We prayed and we cried, but nothing seemed to help.

My dad had passed away.

That's when I made my final decision.

There's nothing worse that could possibly happen in my life. My best friend turned on me, I have a stalker, I'm the reason for someone's suicide, I failed music because of Fice, Marco let a part of me die and my dad just passed away.

I'm on Fice's side now.

I'll do to them exactly what they did to me. I'm going to be that heavy burden that they possibly cannot bear. They'll never see it coming.

Maybe somehow, I could save Jake from Fice's torture.

I take out my phone and message Fice: Game over. I want to help you. I'm on your side now -🔥❄️

I already miss my dad so much. Just knowing that I can never speak to him ever again. I will never be able to hold his hand or give him a hug or listen to his hilarious bedtime stories. Worst of all, he felt betrayed when he died.