Chapter 48

(A/N:  The above picture is the dress Beth and Briley are wearing)

Bethany:

Briley and I arrive at the venue like two dazzling princesses.

As we walk through the building that mom told us to, I start hearing music.

"Surprise," I hear a lot of people shout, coming out of their hiding places.

Everyone is here. Literally everyone.

"Wow they look gorgeous," I hear Maya say to Skyler.

This place is like a giant dance floor with beautiful vintage walls surrounding it. It has a magnificent wooden roof, with fairy lights and ivy plants dangling from it. I spot the disco ball hanging from the roof. Everything here is truly beautiful.

"We are here to celebrate Jake. To just have fun. We brought everyone. We also brought the security guards, in case Fice decided to spoil the fun," Mom says and Briley and I both smile at her. This is definitely going to work. We greet everyone with hugs and just holding my friends in my arms after that day, makes me happy.

"Mind if I have the first dance?" Logan says holding out his hand to me.

He looks extremely handsome. His suit is hot, very hot. His smile could light up the whole room. Beth, stop staring, take his hand.

I take his hand and he spins me into his embrace.

We start dancing to the song Be Here For You by Sam.

I see the guys, Cole, Max, Austin, and a few guys I don't know ask the girls to dance with them. Briley starts dancing with Max, Cole dances with Skyler, Austin dances with Brooklyn and the rest are dancing with the other boys. Briley and I have been doing school online for quite a while now, because of everything we've been through. They probably made some new friends at school.

At this moment I can only feel Logan's embrace. The way he makes my body move slowly. It's a slow dance, but that's exactly what makes it so intimate.

"You look breathtaking," Logan says with a slight smirk.

I want to tell him how hot he looks, but I keep that to myself.

"Thank you. You look very handsome yourself," I say smiling as he dips me on the beat.

"This dress should be illegal though," Logan says.

"Why?" I ask giggling.

"It's very distracting," he says with a smile.

"Says you wearing a suit," I say laughing a little.

"Bethany," he breathes.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"You're the most astonishing girl I've ever met, even when you're running into Jake's locker at school. We laughed about that a lot," he says sweetly.

"That's so embarrassing. You really think about me like that?" I ask shyly.

With my one hand on his shoulder and the other in his soft hand, I rest my head against his and close my eyes.

We sway to the rhythm of the song in sync.

"Of course. You're a real-life princess, even better than Elsa," he says and I can't help but smile.

"Don't tell little Daisy that, she'll be crushed," I say to him.

"I would never. I protect all girl's hearts. You know that," he says. He really does have a way with words.

"I do," I say with a smile.