Chapter 35

Bethany:

"You wanted to leave right?" he asks me with his sneaky smile.

"No, I didn't, I..." I say but he interrupts me quickly.

"I recall you walking away from me, but I won't stop you again. Just wanted to let you know to not mess with me," he says smirking.

"Yeah of course, if that's what you want," I say smirking at him as I walk out slowly.

"That's not what I want," he says, and I turn around to see that he is looking a bit more serious now.

He starts walking slowly towards me as he says, "The only thing I wanted to do since our fake kiss on stage was pin you against a wall and kiss you until you cannot breathe."

He comes so close to me that our noses are almost touching. I instantly get butterflies again.

"You sure you wanna leave?" he says and I melt at the sound of his voice close to me. I shake my head and he closes his eyes for a second.

"Fuck Bethany. After our play at school, I couldn't stop thinking about you. I wanted to feel you close to me again. I wanted to figure out how I could stop all your hurt and suffering. Jake seemed to be the only thing that made you happy so I wanted you to have it. I even tried fixing your relationship," he says touching his chin. He actually looks a bit nervous.

I hug him tightly, "I appreciate all that you've done Logan."

Feeling his skin against me is driving me crazy. I give him a small kiss on his neck while holding him.

What he says is true. Jake never once really told me the truth about anything, he always somehow held it from me. Logan has never hurt me. I remember him helping Jake and me get back together during school breaks. He does have a loving heart.

"You know, I don't feel like going home," I say to him with a small smile.

"Why don't I take you out for some ice cream, it'll help with the broken heart," Logan says and I agree. 

"You can wait outside, I just want to grab a shirt real quick," he says.

As I'm standing outside, I start to process everything that happened.

That kiss.

I don't even know how it happened and I'm kind of still in shock.

Logan walks out of the house wearing his tight black shirt and shorts. He looks very handsome.

He drives us to the beach with his Jeep and we walk on the sand.

"Here, give me that," Logan says taking my shoes. He's such a gentleman.

"Thanks," I say and smile at him in awe.

We walk past the volleyball net where some teen girls are playing against each other when Logan trips and almost falls into the sand.

I laugh out loud, "Too hot to handle huh?"

"Shut up, it's not them," he says and winks at me. The audacity he has flirting with me when he's the one who just tripped is just insane.

"You're really trying to use flirting to cover up your embarrassment, how cute," I say, still laughing at him.

"Oh my gosh, it's Logan!" I hear someone yell from behind us.

We turn around in sync and see a whole group of teenage girls behind us.

I am so confused and my first instinct is to just stare at them with a very questionable look on my face.