Chapter 45

Bethany:

"Logan please," I ask begging him for the fifth time. Briley and I sped to his house after everything we heard at the Police station. The whole group is here as well, including Jake, Logan, Cole, and Max. Last night we agreed to meet up at Logan's house for the final Fice attack on Hillside's rooftop at 11 PM sharp.

"Just tell her why the hell you would tell the police that Fice is a made-up story. Do you know what kind of trouble you're causing? Fice is dangerous Logan and very much real. What does Fice have on you to make you do this to us? To yourself? You're in as much danger as we are," Briley rants.

"Fice has nothing on me. I was doing us all a favor by ensuring that the police would not follow us and ruin our plan tonight. We could get arrested for weapon usage. We are probably going to hurt Fice, we would've all slept in jail," Logan tries to explain.

"You could've told us Logan. You're just adding to the whole Fice problem. Also, what evidence did you have to prove that Fice wasn't real?" I ask him.

"A fake page out of your diary," Logan says and I freeze.

"So Fice did threaten you?" Briley says furiously.

"No. It was my own idea," Logan says.

"It's a genius plan gone terribly wrong," Fiona says and the girls agree.

"We need you on our team Logan," Sky says.

"No. Fice has Beth's diary so how do you want to explain to me that you're not connected to Fice?" Briley says rudely.

"Listen, it's probably a set-up to make me look guilty. I made a fake new diary entry in a small booklet and left it at the police station for investigation and proof. Fice must've gotten your diary sooner than you thought. When was the last time you used it?" Logan asks me and I'm actually boiling with rage.

"A month ago?" I answer.

"See? Fice uses her weapons at the right time," Logan says and I understand. He was just trying to protect us and thankfully never saw my real diary.

"I got the vests. Just in case Fice found out about our plan for tonight. I have my gun as well," Nora says. I can't even imagine her saying a cuss word and now she's ready to shoot? I guess no one is really who they seem to be anymore.

"So what are we calling the plan?" Sky asks.

"The fiercest destruction of fucking Fice," Jane says and Jake laughs out loud. I look at him and smile.

"Jane, did you just curse for the first time in your life?" Maya asks her stunned.

Brooklyn laughs out loud, "Ain't that just the perfect name."

"I think Fice would love something else. Something a bit more personal," I say and wink at Briley.

"Like?" Cole asks.

"The kiss of death to demolish Scarlet Rose," I answer with a smirk. Today is the day I end her. I will end Fice for good. Scarlet Rose is scarred, but so am I, because of her.

"We don't have to name it. We just need a perfect plan," Fiona says seriously.

"That's true. Boys, take the vests. We don't have much time left," Nora tells them handing them the vests.

"Girls, grab the hoodies, the hair ties, and the ladder," Sky orders them and everyone follows except me.

"Jake, can you follow me quickly? I just need to set some plans in order," I say with a small smile.

We walk into the kitchen where we can talk alone.

"Jake, before we go, I just want to say sorry. I am truly so upset with myself about everything that I've done to hurt you. But I won't ever apologize to you for falling in love with you. Neither of us planned for it to happen and I never in a million years wanted my life to turn out like this," I confess.