Chapter 31

Bethany:

As I wake up I feel my head throbbing with pain. I immediately jerk upwards in my bed as I realize what happened what seems like moments ago with Fice. Did I just dream all of that craziness? That felt way too realistic. My racing heart and dry throat bring me to the realization that the dream I just had feels like it traumatized me. I'm in my own bed, in my own room, and in my own house. In the dream, I would've probably woken up in some kind of basement if you ask me.

I need some coffee.

Maybe I should call Jake. It feels so weird though, because it feels like he really did betray me, but it was just a dream.

How did I even get into my bed last night? It's like I don't even remember a single thing from yesterday. I have to call Mom and hear if she's okay, and I have to tell Briley about my crazy dream.

Gosh, three Fices, just imagine that horror. And Lily being alive is absurd. Jake would never betray me like that. He would never help Fice if it would hurt me in the process. My head is throbbing so badly.

Just as I am about to open my room's door, everything disappears.

I'm absolutely horrified. My whole room turns into this empty room cube thing with green screen walls everywhere. My room is a setup. The bed is still there though.

I shout in agony and jump onto the bed holding the one pillow.

It was not just a damn dream.

I swear if Jake locked me up in here...wait. If Jake was perhaps helping Fice to keep me safe and Fice let Jake lock me up in here, he would've left a key or something to help me escape.

I jump up from the bed and throw my body against every wall. Somewhere has to be an open door or exit. I kick the walls with all my power and I search the whole place for a key. I ruin the whole bed in search of a way to escape.

I shout for help as loudly as I possibly can.

As I'm searching I get hysterical. With tears rolling down my cheeks, heavy breaths, and shaking hands, I wonder to myself why Jake would do this to me. It has to be a set-up. It has to.

"I see you've woken up Bethany," Fice's voice speaks in the room.

Chills run through my whole body as I try to find an exit. I look up to the roof and see a trap door. Unfortunately, the roof is very high up and there's no way for me to reach it.

This is the end.

Fice is finishing everything once and for all.

"Oh you just love being in control, don't you Fice?" I say to the wall.

"Indeed Bethany. I've got to make up for all the past years of not having any control. Now sit on the x on the floor or I'll show just how in control I can be," Fice says with a horrifying voice.

I look around and see the x on the floor.

"I'm not sitting on the x. It's a death wish," I say.

Suddenly one of the walls starts to portray this video image.

"This is a live video of Lily and Jake both tied up to shock chairs. If you disobey me, they get shocked. Remember, they can only handle a certain amount of shocks before you kill them," Fice says. Fice is enjoying this so much. I can hear it in it's voice.

"You mean until you kill them..." I say.

I drag my trembling body to the x. As I sit down I feel my heart sink into my shoes.

The x is marked directly underneath the trap door.

"A container is coming down Bethany. You will take everything that is in it and it will go up again. Do it quickly, it's everything you'll need to survive," Fice demands.