Chapter 36

Bethany:

"Fuck this," Logan says, clenching his jaw.

Logan picks me up with no effort and starts running away from the beach.

"What are you doing?" I huff at him.

"Giving Fice a taste of her own medicine," he says very seriously.

He puts me down in front of his car and when I lock eyes with him, I can see that he is not even hesitating in the slightest bit.

We both get in the car and he says, "We can still hear her car from afar, hold on tight princess."

I instantly put on my seat belt, because Logan is already driving pretty fast.

I grip tightly onto my seat and I grit my teeth together out of anxiety.

"Hey, don't worry. I'm a good driver," Logan says as he changes gears once again and speeds up even faster. We are driving insanely fast.

"Beth," he says looking at me with a very worried expression painted on his face.

All the color is drowned from my face.

Logan opens my window and puts his hand on my leg, squeezing it to try and loosen me up.

"Just hold the wheel please," I ask so nervously.

"Beth, we're not going that fast. What's wrong?" he says as he takes a left turn and puts both of his hands back on the steering wheel.

"The last time Fice and I's cars were both on the road is when Jake and I crashed into Fice, or well, the car Fice had set up," I say breathing rapidly.

"Don't worry Beth, I mean it. We're chasing Fice, not the other way around. I got this," he says with a very sweet smile.

"Alright," I say softly.

When I let my eyes move swiftly over the traffic I see her red car.

"Logan, that's her. That's Maya's car," I say in panic.

The red car suddenly speeds up, takes a right turn, and heads towards the tunnel.

"She took off her number plate," he says looking strictly at the car, trying not to lose it.

"She's definitely Fice," I say, starting to loosen up. "Trying to cover herself by acting like she is my best friend, faking her death to probably have more time to spy on us, and acting like Fice is threatening her at school."

"Yeah, pretty clever," Logan says keeping his eyes on the car. "But we're better."

He then takes a different turn than the red car onto this gravel road.

"Logan, what are you doing?" I shout at him.

"Outsmarting Fice," he says confidently. The amount of times I had thought that I outsmarted Fice is immaculate. I'm not so sure anyone can outsmart Fice and that is the big problem. How are we ever going to know who Fice is if we can't outsmart her?

He drives on this gravel road that goes above the tunnel and he comes to a stop when we can see the other side of the tunnel and everyone who comes out of it.

"Logan, what if Maya is just wearing that blue suit again?" I ask him. We will lose Fice and never see if it really is Maya.

"What blue suit?" he asks.

"You don't know about that?" I say and rub my forehead with my head as I shake my head. I should've told him everything to begin with. I'm an idiot. Of course, he doesn't know everything. He has never seen Fice.