Chapter 41

Maya:

"You know, I find this very amusing. How you guys, all of us, keep falling for Fice's traps," Fiona says and lets out a small laugh. 

She continues, "Of course you're here to see me do this. That's what happens in every perfect plan of Fice's. She's enjoying this. She enjoys seeing us struggling because we keep falling into the same traps," Fiona says.

"Yeah, strong words coming from someone who is right here doing Fice's work, knowing damn well what will happen," Cole says to her.

"Fice has information, Cole. It's not that easy going against Fice, ask Maya," Fiona says and looks at me, raising her brows.

"But you are smarter Fiona. We know Fice's strategies by now. We can ruin that bitch and her stupid ass plan. I'm not letting myself get dragged by Fice ever again. Fice has nothing on me and Fice has nothing on any of us anymore. We're going to push through the threats and prove ourselves. The world is going to remember us. We'll pick up our freaking weapons and face Fice even if it's the last thing we ever do," I exclaim with passion.

Fiona sighs before she says, "Maya, I know you're going through some emotional shit right now, but Fice isn't a little girl playing games. Fice has something on me and I can't get out of it even if I tried so just let me do this. This is the only and last thing I'm doing for Fice," Fiona says looking me dead in the eyes.

"What does Fice have on you?" Cole asks looking worried.

"I can't tell you that. Just know that if you guys are going to stop me from doing this, I will end up in jail. Is that what you want? Huh?" Fiona says with tears surfacing in her eyes.

"If you stop, however, it'll be Fice ending up in jail and not you," I say.

"Both of us will end up in jail Maya. Whatever happens to Fice, I'm ending up in jail, so shut up," she says to me.

Fiona's phone beeps and Cole and I keep staring at it from a distance, waiting for her to read the message.

She looks down at it and bites her lip as she reads it. She starts fidgeting on her dress, pulling on it with one hand. Skyler comes into the room checking out the scene in front of her.

"What is it Fiona," Cole says going closer to her.

"Nothing," she says putting her phone away.

"Show me now," he says with his face very close to hers. He puts his hands on the wall next to her head. Sky and I look at each other with confused expressions. Should we leave? 

She lifts her one brow and answers, "No."

Cole grabs her phone and traps her while reading the text, "If only you were holding Cole as tightly as you're holding onto your secrets. You failed bitch, time for some magic, Fice."

"See? I don't even have my phone with me. I'm not Fice," I say protecting myself.

"What's in that fucking basket?" Cole asks Fiona with a straight face. He's pissed.

"I don't know, I just left it there in a hurry," she confesses.

"Something very dangerous could be in there Fiona, use your brain cells," I say very stressed.

"I'll check it, just stand back in case it's explosive," Fiona says and that makes me very uncomfortable.

"Should we call the police to rather investigate it? For fingerprints from Fice?" I suggest.

"Yeah, but mine is already all over it, so I might as well check what's in it because this is my shit to handle," Fiona says starting to open it up.

Cole stands right behind her, just in case.