Chapter Forty-Seven - In denial🤕

Vote, Comment and Share ❤️

Ashley's POV

It's been 2 weeks since from my confession and since Marcus tried to kill me. I haven't been allowed to go to school nor leave the house without someone with me.

Kaitlyn has called and texted me multiple times but I didn't pick up, instead I turned off my phone.

My brothers have all been ignoring me, it's natural for Trevor but not for Axel, Asher and Jax.

I miss them, I can't believe I messed up this bad.

I look at my finger where the ring used to be, and tears began to fall on my cheeks.

I miss him. Us.

But I can't help but remember what he said to me. "You're a liar and a traitor!"

"You're dead to me!"

The disgust and hate in his voice when he said those words to me, replay over and over in my head.

I would've never thought I could've ever love someone, the way I love Zack Walker.

He's my first.

He's my first love, first promise, first heartbreak.

And I thought he would've been my last.

But this can't be over. We can't be over.

Zack's POV

"She hasn't been to school for 2 weeks" Cole says.

I lift the bottle to my lips once again, taking a big swig, and the liquid burns as it goes down my throat.

"Zack" Nicole says, trying to touch my hand but I pull away. "I told you she was up to no good, just forget about her"

I turn to glare at her, and fear takes over her.

"Forget about her?" I raise my voice.

"I should've forgotten about you!" I shout, standing up.

Cole, Tyler, Max, Josh and Jabari watched me.

"I loved her" I stop. "I love her" Nicole stared at me, in shock.

"After everything you still love her?" She asks. "She used you"

I throw the half empty bottle at the wall, causing it to break and glass scatter on the floor.

"Get out!" I shout.

"Zack, don't..."

"Get out!" I shout louder, cutting off Tyler.

I hear the door close, and I drop to my knees.

"Zack" Jabari says.

"Didn't I say to get out!" I shout.

"Yea but I didn't listen" He said and I just wanted to kill him but I was feeling so weak.

"I've never seen you like this before, and it worries me" Jabari said coming closer.

"Worries you? Why would you care?" I huff.

"We're family" He said resting his hand on my shoulder.

"Family?" I laugh. "Where was my family when I needed them?"

"Where was my family when my mother left? Where was my family when my father made me join the gang?" I ask.

"I-I don't know, but those boys that you just told to leave, them are you're family" He said. "This gang is your family" He says.