Seventy-four - Interrogation

Vote, Comment and Share ❤️

"Come in Ashley" Mrs. Wright calls me and I hesitantly walk into her office.

Lilly and Nicole continue watching me as I take a seat.

"Thank you both, you're free to go" She tells them and they get up to leave.

Nicole smirks at me before disappearing out the door.

"Ashley do you know why you're here?"

"No, I'm not sure" I try to sound as convincing as possible.

"My daughter Kaitlyn has been missing since last year. It's been all over the news"

"I heard, I hope she's alright. She's a good friend of mine" I state.

"I know you two were very close, which I find is weird you didn't try to help find her" She stares at me.

"You said were?" I swallow. "Is she ..."

"Dead?" She cuts me off. "I don't know,  which is why you're here"

"Me? How would I know?" I ask.

"You tell me. It's been brought to my attention that the two of you weren't on good terms the days up until her disappearance" She stares and I look at the officer beside me and the one behind her.

"Kaitlyn and I were good" I say.

"Wasn't she the one who gave Lilly and Nicole the pictures of you and Josh to put around school?" She questions.

"That doesn't mean I would hurt her" I say.

"But it gives you motive" She immediately adds.

"We will take it from here Mrs. Wright" The female officer says.

"Ashley, you have a bright future ahead of you, don't let some stupid teenage drama ruin that" The officer tells me.

"But if you know where Kaitlyn Wright is or anything concerning her disappearance, you need to tell us." She says.

"I don't know anything, if I did I would help you find her" I say.

"Would you? We heard that she and your current boyfriend was together, how did that make you feel?" The male officer asks me.

"What does Zack have anything to do with this?" I look to him.

"Just answer the question Ashley" He insists.

"I felt fine, she had moved on from him and we were friends" I say.

I remember Kaitlyn's words from the night of the kidnapping.

"But it was all worth it, when you're gone, Zack would finally be with me!"

"Are you sure? So there was no jealousy between the two. Maybe because he chose you over her?" They push the questions.

"Maybe she did everything to you on purpose, so she would get Zack?"

"Did she only wanted to be around you because she wanted Zack?"

"You thought what? I was your friend?" She bends down in front of me hovering over me. Kaitlyn's fingers grip my face.

"I've actually always despised you. I hated you since the day you came, do you think that would magically disappear?" She laughs.

"Ashley? Are you going to answer our questions?"

"Kaitlyn was meh friend. She was one of meh best friends, I care about her and instead of asking me stupid questions you could be out there trying tuh find her" I raise my voice.