Seventy-two - New year New beginnings

Vote, Comment and Share ❤️

It's hot. Way too hot when I begin to come into conscious. Zack is lying on top of me, nearly all his weight pinning me down to the mattress. I'm on my back and Zack is on his front, his head on my chest and one his arms is wrapped around my waist while the other is stretched across the space next to him.

When I glance at the clock it's ten-twenty.

Shit! I have to go out with the girls.

I don't want to wake Zack, he looks so peaceful, a soft smile even plays on his sleeping lips. He usually frowns in his sleep.

In an attempt to move him off me without waking him up I lift his arm from around my waist.

"Mhmm.." He groans as his eyes flutter and his body stirs, gripping me tighter.

I stare at the ceiling and debate whether or not to just roll him off of me.

"Zack" I say quietly.

"Mhm" He whines. "What time is it?" He asks, his voice thick with sleep.

"Almost ten-thirty" I tell him quietly. "I need to shower and get ready"

"Where are you going?" He asks me.

"I have to go shopping with the girls, since it's technically our last day here" I say.

"Can't you stay with me?" He turns his face to look at me.

I smile and gently run my fingers through his hair. "I wish but I can't" I say. I really want to though.

He slides his body down slight so his chin rests just under my chest.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask him.

"Yes, very. I will miss sleeping next to you every night" He said.

"So will I" I say and mean it.

He gets off me and walks to bathroom and I stare at his butt.

"Cute butt" I shout behind him and he smirks at me.

My phone rings and I answer it.

"Ashley!" A familiar voice rings through.

"Kelly?" I ask.

"Yeah girl"

"I missing yuh bad bad" She says.

"I missing yuh too, I cah wait to see yuh" I tell her and I hear voices in the back. "Who is that in the back?"

"That's Jess and Maggie" She says. "Allyuh come talk to Ashley dey" She calls them.

Kelly is one of my best friends, just like Addison we grew up together. My grandmother told me that we'd all be going college together.

Jess and Maggie are my friends from school, Kelly is with Maggie's brother.

"Oi gurl, waiz de scene?" Jess asks me.

"I dey normal, wah bout you?"

"Normal normal, we now pressing beach dey"

"Gurl, I inna beach house right now all kinda thing" I state.

Zack walks out the bathroom, his towel wrapped around his waist as water drips from his body.

"Girl when yuh coming back?" Maggie asks me.

"Ion know yet, but ima be back soon"

"Well hear nah, you know Maya geh horn from she man" Maggie tells me and I am shocked.