Sixty-three - Intentions

Vote, Comment and Share ❤️

Pure Trini language in this Chapter. Not the whole chapter just with the Grandmother.

If you don't understand what they're saying and need me to translate let me know in the comments.

"Who knew looking for gifts would be this hard" I groan.

"Well you just met them a few months ago what did you expect?" Stacy asks as we walk around the crowded store.

"I don't know, that's why I brought you" I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"Thanks, I feel the love" She says sarcastically.

"Mama toy" Hannah points at the stuff animal.

"No honey" Stacy says.

"It's fine, I'll buy it for her" I say and pick it up.

Christmas Eve is tommorow and I'm doing last minute Christmas shopping. Its much harder than I thought.

I also decided to spend Christmas with my friends this year.

We'll all be taking a trip up to the beach house again since December and January are the two hottest months in Australia.

"Are you leaving on Christmas morning?" Stacy asks me.

"Yeah, I want to see my family open their gifts first before I leave" I say and she nods.

"What about this?" She picks up a blue V neck  top.

"For who?" I ask.

"Me duh" She smiles and I nod.

My phone rings interrupting me and I answer it.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Ashley?" A woman's voice comes on.

"Yeah, who's this?" I ask.

"This is yuh grandmother child, I was tryna reach you, you know how long!" She tells me and I couldn't help the grin.

"Grandma, I miss you so much" I exclaim.

"I miss you too dear, I've been calling yuh mother tuh talk tuh you for days now" She tells me. "But all I get was she voicemail, everything alright ent?"

"Well.. We're not on talking terms and I moved out for about two months or more now" I state.

"Wah yuh mean?! Way you? Yuh safe? Yuh want to come home?" She questions me.

"I'm fine Grandma, I'm living with my father and brothers" I tell her, and I know she's probably confused.

"What? But Charles in Trinidad and he hah no sons girl" She tells me and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm talking about my biological father, Phoenix" I explain and she starts to yell.

"Is this some kinda joke girl, better bring yuh ass home eh, what shit yuh mother put in yuh head?" She argues.

"It's true, Charles is Alexis father not mine, right now I'm doing some Christmas shopping can we talk later?" I ask.

"No gurl, I look like ah have money tuh waste? Tell yuh blasted mother call meh if she know wah good fuh she. And you better be careful eh cuz if something happen tuh you it go be problems" She warns me.

"Alright granny, bye" I say and was about to hang up.

"Wait meen finish yet, I call tuh tell yuh that yuh friends Addison and Kelly get Into UWI"