Chapter 1: Another Chance (Final Part) (Edited)

"D-Dad!" I had cried out when I gotten home from school, a bruise on my arm as I showed it to him.

"Holy Grails! Who did this to you Eos?!" My Dad roared as he took hold of my arm gently and inspected it, my Mom immediately rushing into the living room.

"Diana watch her, I'm calling the doctor's office and then the damn school." My Dad hissed as I watched him grab his phone, go into the bedroom and slam the door.

"My poor baby..." My Mom cooed as she picked me up and took me into the bathroom and sat me on the sink, tears streaming down my face as I started to hiccup.

"M-My classmates...they were really m-mean! They said I was a no good weirdo!" I cried, my Mom cradling my face as she took a warm damp cloth and began to pat at my bruise.

"Hush Eos...your Dad and I will make sure this doesn't ever happen ever again-"

"They chased after m-me!"

"Shh....Eos, listen to Mommy okay? Now...fighting is never the answer but sometimes, you have to let people know you mean business. Even if it means saving your strength first." My Mom smiled, my head tilting in confusion.

"Saving your strength...?"

"Yes, always save your strength before the big battle. Treat them, big or small, as if it is the grand finale." Mom smiled gently before giving me a kiss on the forehead and then hugging me.

'A hiding spot...' I thought to myself, my eyes soon spotting a cave, my legs making a beeline towards it as I immediately slid into it and caught my breath. The monster roaring into the cave as it tried to claw me out.

'Breath Eos...rest, save your strength.' I thought in a desperate attempt to calm myself, my racing heart starting to slow down.

Once my breath was caught, I had soon felt the blood through my veins start to course through my body easier as a boiling feeling started to start up in the pit of my stomach, getting to the point where I swore, I could've heard sizzling noises. As the red flames danced around my body fiercer than ever, I had quickly ducked under the monster's paw and got into a fighting position proudly as the monster let out another beastly roar before it rushed towards me again.

'Breathe Eos...you can do this.' I thought as my eyes narrowed, the monster closing in before I soon felt the back of my throat heat up quickly, a burst of flames erupting from my mouth. The sound of the monster letting out an agonized sounding yelp signaling the end of its rather short life.

"Wow..." I gasped in awe after I finally opened my eyes and looked around me, the sight of white dust and flame sparks in the air making me grin to myself happily.

"Thank god!" I cried out as I fell to the ground and let out a relieved sigh, my chest heaving up and down as I soon felt a presence not too far away.

"For a moment, I thought I would've had to step in...but you have more than proven yourself young one," Ibis said, my gut telling me she was smiling through her bird features showed no expression.

"I would have never guessed how powerful your abilities would've been in such a short span of time." She chuckled lightly, I chuckled awkwardly myself.

I wasn't about to tell her that my old world had fantasy movies and that those movies were the reason why I knew what I knew in a way.

"Thank you but I feel like I deserve a reward, the explanation of what I am. I've never heard of a normal dog being able to breathe fire like a dragon." I said as I got up and looked up at the owl, her head nodding slightly.