Chapter 9: Needed Regrets For No Regrets (Part 1) (Edited)

As Liam drove down the highway, the sights of cars flying by and the road, in general, looking like one big blur. I still couldn't help but think back to what the snake said earlier.

'Tortured by myself and my own regrets...?' I repeated inside my head with a small huff.

Everyone had mistakes but my own mistakes didn't warrant me getting tortured inside my own head...I didn't do a single thing! The snake's entire thought process was one big mystery but...at least his words gave me a reason to stay alert and keep on my toes.

"You alright Eos?" Liam suddenly said to me as we came to a red light. I looked at him and nodded my head slowly. I wasn't about to tell a hot guy that was somehow my boyfriend that a snake talked to me in his car.

I would be looked at as if I were a lunatic!

"I'm all good," I said with the best grin I could muster. Liam once again gave me a raised brow before he sighed.

"You can talk to me ya know? Spill it." My brain throbbed once more as if it were saying 'Don't you dare do it'. I closed my eyes and shook my head slightly.

Darn thoughts...if my gut wasn't giving me a bad sign then it was probably just my head acting too paranoid.

"Liam..." I sighed.

"Why exactly are you my boyfriend?" I asked before his face suddenly went blank and his mouth sealed shut.

That should've been an easy thing to answer...he should've answered with something along the lines of 'Your personality', 'Because I love you', heck! I would've even taken 'Your looks' for crying out loud! I didn't want to believe that...this man could've possibly had something sinister hiding beneath that that handsome smile of his.

No... he couldn't have. It was like my Mom said to me a long time ago when I had just entered my teens. Your first love is the right love or something along those lines. I wasn't about to sit here and say that my Mom's words were false!

"You know what?" I said with a small chuckle.

"Never mind, forget I asked you," I said, quickly trying to repair the awkward atmosphere. The light turned green and Thorn let out a small laugh before he continued driving.

"Whatever you say." He said.

Once Liam and I had finally arrived to the school, the sound of the bell ringing telling me that we had arrived just on time. I had quickly gotten out of the car and made a beeline towards the school doors.

But not before Lim could stop me.

"Eos!" He called out, causing me to look back with a raised brow.

"...Come see me in the football fields, will you? I have a surprise for you there." He grinned; his smile contagious as it soon caused me to grin as well.

"I'll be there," I said before I continued on my way.

Walking through the school hallways though...it was very nostalgic, the sound of my shoes hitting the floor, distant lockers closing and teachers talking about whatever bringing back all sorts of memories back to me.

"Dang..." I sighed to myself as I stood in front of a classroom for a second.

"It's almost...embarrassing now." I continued.

"Being someone who technically didn't finish high school." I chuckled lightly before continuing onwards.

But still, I didn't have regrets about being in Balerion nonetheless.