Chapter 2: The Golbin Village (Part 3) (Edited)

As I rushed towards the Alpha, it wasn't long before I had lunged towards him and managed to sink my teeth into his leg.

"Damn you!" Snarled the Alpha wildly and he threw himself around, his held back grunts soon turning into ear-piercing yelps as he finally grabbed the back of my neck and threw me to the side, burn marks as well as teeth marks on his leg.

With my flames dancing fiercer than ever, blood trickling down my sides and the taste of dirty metal within my mouth, I had found myself at a stand-off against the Alpha. His snarls were animalistic...and almost demonic as he kept me within his line of sight, moving when I moved. Losing to me was not on his mind.

'You should have considered my words more carefully before you hastily rushed into this battle my champion.' Ibis said as my collar suddenly vibrated out of the blue.

'Too late to regret now...' I thought, letting out a stress heavy sigh before I suddenly rushed forward, burned paw marks appearing on the grass as I lunged myself forward but this time towards the Alpha's muzzle.

Before I could get a grip on him, the wolf had suddenly rushed out of the way before he stormed back over to me, his jaws immediately clamping onto my back as he started to shake me around. I let out an almost ungodly yelp, the sheer burn of the pain sparking my flames to get even hotter as the Alpha quickly threw me to the side.

"O-Ouch..." I whined, lying on the ground for a moment before I tried to stand up. No use, I was soon knocked off balance once more with the crushing feeling of something similar to a boulder pressing down on my neck.

"Hm...I'll give you my congrats mutt." The Alpha stated darkly with a wicked smirk, his fur burning before my eyes while his own showed no regret nor care.

"Not only did you manage to entertain me, but you also managed to hold your own as well! This was very unexpected..." He chuckled.

"But...in the end, all prey must suffer their fate." The Alpha before he suddenly pressed all his weight on me.

The feeling as if I was drowning mixed with the feeling of something crushing me with no remorse starting to make my eyes water and chest feel tight.

'N-No...I can't die here!' I thought with blurry eyes, black dots appearing in my vision as my collar soon started to vibrate once more, the feeling making me feel as if I was choking even more.

'Canis stultum....' I heard Ibis hiss furiously, my vision managing to catch the sight of a single feather drop on the ground before it suddenly exploded, sending the wolf flying off of me.

"T-Thanks..." I coughed as I rolled onto my buckling paws, still gasping for air as my eyes cleared up quickly enough to see the incoming attack from the wolf before I leaped out of the way.

"Damn pup, just die!' The Alpha roared, sliding a little before he rushed towards me again, the familiar feeling of my stomach starting to boil making me narrow my eyes and stand my ground.

'Not today.' I thought as I opened my mouth, a jet of fiery red escaping it. As the smell of ash and burnt flesh filled the air and began to overwhelm my nose, I had soon heard the sounds of fighting begin to cease before I closed my mouth to reveal a scorched, charcoal black wolf.

"Mission completed." I smiled proudly as I walked back to the village, a small limp in my step.

Suddenly the Alpha's pack all gathered in front of me, their eyes holding shock, sadness along with hints of anger.

"...Unless you want to end up like buddy-boy over there then I suggest y'all move." I threatened with a quick snarl, one of the wolves soon stepping up to me with her tail underneath her.