Chapter 7: The Kingdom Of Tralia (Final Part) (Edited)

"What in the hell girl?!" Hissed Ares as soon as we were far enough away from the woman's shop, causing me to sigh in slight annoyance.

"Why in the world do you wish to buy a dragon and how do you not have any money?! You rule over a town!"

"Okay first off, it's because I want to and I've always wished to have a dragon companion," I answered.

"And second? The town started off as a village! Our 'currency' was mostly trading for a while, so of course we wouldn't have money or taxes!" I huffed, giving Ares the same amount of fierceness in my eyes as he gave me

. "...I knew I was serving a foolish little girl from the beginning."

I scoffed and shook my head at him. "Well excuse me for my old world not exactly teaching me how to dish out taxes, only how to pay them!" I argued back before I sighed heavily, massaging my forehead a little.

"At least I'm willing to learn Ares. Running a village isn't a cake-walk so I want to learn something from here if I can." I said before Ares went quiet.

I know it may be a bit stupid for me to think so but...I was hoping that he respected my words in a way? Or he was just too tired to argue back.

As Ares and I began to near the castle, its clean, silverish white marble walls that reflected the sun's rays sending a mixture of nervousness and excitement through me, I had suddenly heard a scream not too far in the distance.

"He's diseased! A diseased thief!" I heard someone roar, the crowd in front of us gasping as they began to panic.

"Damn thieves...they'll do anything for an extra coin," Ares said, venom lacing every word as he stood in front of me and took out one of his spears.

"Calm down, it's a thief. Nothing to be too afraid of." I scoffed as fire engulfed my body, the flames dying down to reveal my champion's outfit.

Ares let out a snort before he stomped a hoof. "So, you may say little girl, thieves are capable of magic as well," Ares said before I saw someone suddenly skid to a halt in the middle of the street, the sight not only making the crowd gaps but me and Ares as well.

'Christ...' I thought with disgust.

In no way was I a doctor or someone who knew a bit about medicine, in fact, I didn't even pay that much attention to health class in school! But it didn't take a total genius to know that this guy was diseased...he had lesions all over his body, his skin was practically a sickly red eyesore that looked like it was on the verge of falling right off! If I remembered correctly...he had something called-

"Leprosy," I said aloud as I continued to stick by Ares, the thief darting his head around like a crazed lunatic.

"Don't come any closer!' Suddenly roared the thief as someone from the crowd attempted to get closer, the man immediately taking out a dagger as he began to pant uncontrollably.

"I-I'll kill you all! M-Make you all feel the same pain that I do!" The man continued insanely, my eyes narrowing a little as steam started to rise from the bottom of my meet.

As the man continued to spout out craziness, every single word that flew out tempting me more and more to go over and give him a nice beating, my thoughts were soon interrupted by the sounds of armored footsteps.

"Surrender yourself thief!" Roared one of the guards, their faces covered with masks as they quickly started to surround him with their spears out front while the crowd made way for them.

"N-No...! Leave me alone, damn you all!"

"Resist arrest and you will die where you stand!" Another guard shouted, the thief beginning to panic before he tried to run away, right into a guard's arms.