Chapter 10: The City Of Thieves (Part 3) (Edited)

Once Picket and I had reached a flight of stairs, the sight of it making me think of a less-intimidating version of a dungeon entrance. It didn't take long for Picket to suddenly start pulling on my sleeves.

"Hm?" I hummed before I looked down at her.

"Please be careful when you go up there Eos." She said.

"There may still be guards here and I don't want you getting into trouble!" I scoffed before I knelt down a little and gave her a quick pat on the head.

"I'll be more than fine; you just go and get Skat and tell him to pack his stuff eh?" Picket nodded her head.

"And remember...I have a slow-killing vi-"

"I got this." I interrupted.

"Just go, you keep worrying about dying then it'll only quicken the pace. I got this Picket." I said before I took the opportunity to be the first one to leave.

This wasn't my first rodeo of doing something stupid...I defeated a Sabre-Wolf Alpha and escaped an Orc camp! If I couldn't do one simple thing such as delivering the Fire stone and blowing this place sky high then I wasn't worthy of even calling myself an adventurer! Besides...people expected things of me, I refused to let them down.

Once I had got to the first floor of the castle, the place just as quiet and empty as the 'lobby' downstairs. It didn't take long for me to hear the sounds of...squeaking? "What in the heck?" I whispered to myself as I followed after the noise, the noise getting louder and louder before I started to hear the sounds of talking as well.

'I suggest you don't do that.' Ibis suddenly said as I arrived at a door, my skin jumping a little before I let out a sigh.

"I got this." I snorted before I opened the door, my cheeks immediately turning into a beet red.

"S-Sorry!!" I squealed before I immediately slammed the door and scurried off. How embarrassing...! Even when I was still back on Earth, I never caught people in the act!

'You should have listened-'

"Y-Yeah, yeah...I know." I huffed as I crossed my arms, trying to clear my head of that rather embarrassing sight.

After a small while of silence, the short scene still replaying like a torturous broken record in my head, it didn't take long for Ibis to intervene and to be honest? I was actually pretty darn happy. Seriously...people really needed to learn that they weren't the only people on the entire damn planet!

'You should hurry, the castle is relatively clear aside from a few things here and there. You don't wish for the rest of the guards to come back, do you?' Ibis hooted, causing me to shake my head before I transformed back into a dog.

Ah...it feels like I've gone forever without being in this form! Then again, things are a little bit easier when you're a human rather than an animal.

"I'm trying my best to hurry but I can't exactly just run through the castle like I'm crazy." I barked before I finally made my way up a flight of stairs.

Only 6 more to go.

'You are right.' She sighed, the mood going quiet for a moment before I perked my ears to the sound of Ibis sighing suddenly.

"What's wrong?" I said with a small whine.

'You were bitten by a Dream-Stalker.' She said.

I didn't want to talk about that moment inside my head...it was painful and only reminded me why love was nothing but a sick joke. I trusted him, thought that even though he was in cahoots with Thorn, he was different and didn't wish me any harm nor never wanted to betray my trust! Tch...what a joke. Though I resisted the urge to kill him back on Earth and even inside my own head, that didn't mean that the feeling of wanting to do it at all was completely gone.