Chapter 10: The City Of Thieves (Part 4) (Edited)

Once I had finally reached the ends of the hallway and pushed open the door to the room, it didn't take long for the ghosts to suddenly disappear and leave me alone with a glowing orb.

The Thief's Core...it was smaller than I expected. It was a dim, glowing yellow that had flame sparks floating around it while a small hole was located on the top of it. This was it...the thing that would bring this entire place to the ground and would finally allow me to go back to the surface! The only thing was...what would happen if I placed in the hole? I didn't really feel like being blown to nothing along with the entire place.

"I think I'll..." I trailed off as I turned back into a human and put the stone into the little slot, my body flinching a little before...nothing happened!

Thank God! Perhaps, it needed a flame before it could actually get itself started.

"Luckily...that's what I came to do," I smirked proudly, a small flame appearing in my hand before I tossed it to the cobweb-infested bed, the second it hit the bed causing me to quickly rush out of the room.

Goodness...I never thought I'd actually be running away from a literal bomb in this world! The only thing that kept my stomach from fluttering with excitement was the fact that if I didn't escape from the underground city then I was going to be blown to dust along with everything else here! As I rushed through the castle, pushing my way past surprised guards and accidentally hitting maids along the way, I had finally reached the lobby! Where, luckily, Picket was already there waiting for me.

"C'mon!" I shouted to her, Picket's eyes widening as I quickly picked her up and continued to run outside where Skat was waiting as well.

Luckily though, I didn't have to pick him up as well.

"Did you do it?!" Skat shouted to me.

I looked at him with an annoyed glare. "I wouldn't be running like the cops were on me if I didn't!" I shouted, quickly turning to make a beeline into the ruin-filled fields where Fraener's lair lied ahead.

"Then why isn't this place already blown up?!" Picket shouted to me.

"I don't know about you but I don't want to know what it feels like to be blown up." I panted before I soon saw the lair in the distance, Fraener's head already peeking out before he fully started to rise at the sight of us.

"You have done it?" Fraener immediately asked upon us arriving, Picket immediately pushing herself out of my arms as she nodded.

"We have! We need to go Fraener!" She yelled while I constantly looked back at the castle. T

hat flame was set on the bed not too far away from the desk...we needed to hurry.

"Then-"

"Oh, cut the chit-chat and carry us out of here or something! This place is going to be nothing but dust in less than 10 minutes!" I yelled.

With those final words, Fraener narrowed his eyes before the ground started to rumble, a pair of gargantuan wings tipped with two claws appeared, both of them dripping with molten purple lava, his feet that were clawed with claws that made canyon-like dents in the ground appeared as well while Fraener only continued to rise.

This was one of the Beast Daemoniums...if this one looked like this then I wasn't eager figure out what the others must've looked like.

'Thank God he's with us though...' I thought with a small gulp, Fraener letting out an earth-shaking roar before he looked down at us.

"Get on." He snarled as his tail slithered towards us.

Without a moment's hesitation, Picket, Skat and I were quick to crawl onto his tail and onto his back, I wasn't sure but that fire had to have been as big as the room by now...that meant the orb was going to go off any moment now.

"Fly us out Fraener!" Picket ordered, Fraener letting out one final snarl before he began to flap his wings, the very force of them causing the approaching guards to be pushed back before he finally flew off.

How a giant dragon was managing to fly through a sewer? I think I deserved to have some questions answered.

"How are you even flying through a sewer?!" I tried to scream over the rushing winds, my head ducked low in order to keep myself from hitting the ceiling.

"This place held Daemoniums of all sizes, it needs to be big enough to bring a Dragon in if they ever caught one," Skat explained as he held on for dear life next to me.

Suddenly though...the sound of an ear-piercing boom reached my ears, the sound making Fraener flap his wings faster before I dared to look behind me. A giant and very much approaching fire cloud...I was certain Fraener would survive that, I mean...lava literally dripped off his wings as if it was water! But us? We would be incinerated as soon as that thing touched us.

With the sounds of the familiar goblins screeching below us, it didn't take long me to spot a light in the distance. The sight making Fraener let out another roar before his wings suddenly started to slow down before I watched them slowly fold in close to his body.

"W-What are you doing?! Keep flapping those suckers!" I screamed, Fraener quickly looking back at me with an annoyed glare.

"Have you ever flown before mortal?." I raised a brow. "Exactly." He snarled before his wings fully closed, causing me to hold onto his scale and quickly shut my eyes before I soon felt like I was spinning like a damn wheel.

As the spinning went on for a while...my stomach absolutely lurching, I had soon felt the cool, refreshing feeling of morning air while the sounds of ferocious approaching flames? Was no more.

"What the...?" I said with a small gasp as I slowly opened an eye, the other one following suite before I saw Fraener was hovering high in the air, the Kingdom of Tralia right below while I could see miles and miles all around. From the oceans...to even back where the town was!

The sight was gorgeous and very much appreciated from all the time I spent underground. But...I needed to get back down to the Kingdom.

"I need to get off Fraener, along with Picket," I said, Fraener letting out a sudden hiss as he turned his head to look at me.

"I refuse to land where I was held captive for 50 years." He snarled.

"Besides, the girl and her pet-"

Skat let out a hiss.

"Shall stay with me."

"She needs medicine, she's sick," I said.

I was tired from being underground for so long...I didn't have time to argue with a giant lizard!

Fraener continued to argue, however. "Mortal medicine will do nothing for her. I will heal her." He said, an annoyed groan leaving me before I looked back at Picket.

"Picket tell him to-"

"Go ahead and jump." She said with a confident smile.

She must've inhaled some of the smoke from the fire, she was going crazy!

"What?!" I shouted.

"I'll die on impact!"

"You'll be fine! Fraener will catch you!" She giggled, her sudden giggle and bright expression making me raise a brow a little.

It was the first time I've seen her be so happy...I almost wanted to trust her but I also didn't feel like jumping from an extreme height.

"Please jump, the people of the Kingdom are beginning to notice my presence," Fraener growled, interrupting my thoughts.

I looked back at the Dragon with one more glare but I got up and looked over the edge. This was crazy, this was crazy, this was crazy! I couldn't jump, I was going to die as soon as I reached the ground! But...then again, I had to consider my options. It was either fly on the back of a Dragon Daemonium until he finally landed on top of a random mountain in the middle of nowhere or it was take my damn chances and jump. I didn't exactly like the idea of being a mountain goat for the rest of my life so...it was somewhat easy to decide on my next move. I let out a small sigh and looked back at the three.

"Take care you guys," I said with a small grin before...I finally jumped off.