Chapter 7: The Kingdom Of Tralia (Part 2) (Edited)

Once Ares and I were far enough away from the village, the sound of Ares' hooves hitting the ground as we rushed across the open plains, the feeling of the wind carrying my hair making me feel wild and free and the world nothing but a blur around us. I could fully admit that it felt nice to be away from the town as well as be able to enjoy the scenery instead of being the one running.

"Ares!" I tried shouting to him over the racing wind.

"Can we stop for a moment?!" I asked before he immediately complied, slowing to a walk that allowed me to get off.

"What is the meaning for this little girl?"

"Riding on a horse hurts." I snorted before Ares immediately narrowed his eyes.

"Do not call me a horse." He growled.

"You're part horse," I said.

"Even still, do not call me that girl." He spat, silence quickly falling onto us.

As we walked in silence across the plains, the sights of butterflies fluttering around the healthy grass, a distant herd of horses grazing peacefully in the distance and the sounds of birds chirping above. I was quick to start whistling out of sheer boredom.

"What are you doing girl?" Ares soon spoke up after a few minutes of me whistling a little.

"I'm whistling," I said, quickly going back to what I was doing.

"Stop that, it's grating." He grumbled.

I crossed my arms and looked up at him. Sheesh, was the guy annoyed by everything I did? This is exactly the reason why no one liked him!

"You get annoyed by everything and everyone don't you?" I huffed.

"Not exactly, I only get annoyed by you," Ares stated bluntly, my hand immediately going over my chest in mock hurt before I placed my hands on my hips.

"How rude!"

"Many people will be rude; I am no exception."

"Dude, you could stand to be a bit more friendlier or at least try to have some fun." I huffed.

"Like...how about this?" He looked down towards me with a slightly raised brow.

"Can you sing?" I chuckled.

"I can."

I widened my eyes a little, I was expecting him to say no to be honest.

"Oh really? Prove it." I challenged, his eyes narrowing a little before he turned to look forward once more.

"I will not, I have no reason to prove myself to a little girl," Ares said.

"C' mon! It's just a friendly challenge!" I grinned.

"Besides, beats having absolute silence, right?"

Ares sighed and shook his head.

"I prefer silence though, unlike you who can hardly go a minute without talking." He said.

"Don't be so mean!" I huffed, Ares letting out a barely audible snicker before he one again sighed.

"...Fine, I shall entertain you, little girl." He said as an excited squeal escaped from my mouth before he suddenly stopped and bowed down a little, allowing me to get back onto his back.

"However, you may not interrupt me alright?"

"Gotcha." I smiled before giving him an encouraging pat on the shoulder before the air around us went quiet once more.