Chapter 2: The Goblin Village (Part 2) (Edited)

As I laid there, my head lying comfortably on my paws while the sun began to sink beneath the horizon, I had once again begun to think about everything that's happened so far. Such as...coming into this world? It was honestly pretty rough, though I had managed to keep myself from bawling like an infant in front of everyone, it's not like I was cold enough to say that it didn't hurt at all. The pain of losing my old life, my home, family, and friends...it was slowly but surely eating away at me from the inside.

Not to mention basically becoming a pawn to a darn bird...the only reason why I didn't put my new body to use right then and there is because I knew she was stronger than me, bringing back someone from the dead as well as giving them a new body? It had to require some tremendous skill but...despite all of that, I didn't dislike this new life of mine. It allowed me to explore and take risks I've always dreamed about doing in a world like this and, with this new body of mine? Though I was a fan of staying grounded rather than flying here and yonder? I was confident that I would be able to hold my own, navigate this world and someday...free myself of this collar that marked me with the invisible words of 'Owned Pet'. But, until that day came, I would just have to simply keep my head up and smile just like I've always been known to do.

Once night had finally fallen over the village and I had gotten a feeling in my gut that it was now midnight, I had quickly gotten up from my spot, stretched a little before making my way over to the village's housing area.

'Young one, what in Balerion are you doing?' My collar suddenly vibrated, an annoyed sigh tempted to leave me.

"Helping out a village," I whispered.

"What else does it look like?"

'I know that this is too risky for you, you must forsake this deal you have made with the goblins. They are nothing but lowly monsters.' Ibis said before I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm not going to abandon them just because you think they're 'lowly'. That's not how I roll, besides, didn't you say that if I was ever in an extreme situation you would help me out?" I grumbled as I halted to a stop, taking a quick sniff at the air to make sure no one was spying on me especially the Elder.

'And didn't I say that if you ever objected to my wishes that there would be consequences?' She said with a screech as I one again halted in my steps, an annoyed sigh finally escaping me.

"If you're going to do something then do it, threats from a bird isn't going to stop me from doing the right thing," I said, the sight of the houses nearing making me pick up my pace.

' ...Expect something grave in the future young one, you will not have my help.' Ibis said finally before my collar stopped vibrating.

"L-Lady Eos!" Called out the goblin from earlier as he ran up towards me with a delighted expression plastered on his face, the doors to the ramshackle houses soon starting to open one by one as goblins started to pour out of them.

"Shh...remember the Elder don't like me too much." I whispered with a small smile, the goblin gasping a little before he whispered a small 'Sorry' to me.

"So, exactly who or what has been turning this village into a dump?" I asked.

"The Sabre-Wolves, every other night they mercilessly attack our village...leaving us with many wounded and even more dead. And the Elder does nothing about it!" Cried out a goblin woman as she wiped her tears with her dirty, faded apron.

"When was the last attack?"

"2 nights ago."

I narrowed my eyes and sighed.