Chapter 8: The Deal (Part 1) (Edited)

The Queens of Tralia...they were beautiful! Both of them had chocolate-colored skin, one having darker freckles on her face and the other not. The first queen had flowing, seemingly silky black hair that somehow managed to reach the ground that was slightly covered by a see-through white veil, a long white cape that hung over her shoulders and finally? An elegant sleeveless white gown that only enhanced her looks!

However, the second queen was completely the opposite, she had shoulder-length white hair that was covered by a black veil, a short black cape that hung over one of her shoulders and...a mysterious long-sleeved black gown that made her seem like she was the ruler of the night sky. Both of the Queens were equally beautiful, one having a seemingly open personality while the other had a more reserved one! They were people I needed to respect despite the fact that they were both married to the deceased King.

"Bow," Ares whispered to me with a slight nudge, quickly causing me to gasp a little before I bowed along with him.

"Raise your heads." The Black Queen said, her voice powerful and graceful but holding hints of shyness within' it.

"I am Nadia, first wife to my late husband King Titus." The White Queen revealed with a friendly grin.

"And I am Aidan, second wife to King Titus." The Black Queen said with her mouth in a serious straight line.

I bowed again. "I'm Eos and this is my bodyguard Ares, it's a pleasure to meet you both," I said, the Queens nodding their heads.

"Likewise." They both said.

"Now..." Queen Nadia leaned forward a little bit.

"Tell us, what do you need?" She said with a curious tone.

I gulped a little, it was pretty nerve-wracking to speak with two royalties at the same time.

"I want to start a trade with you both," I answered, a small chuckle leaving Nadia before she leaned forward a little in interest.

"How interesting...we've never had someone so young come to us asking for trade before, it's mostly greedy old men." Queen Nadia snickered.

Queen Aidan rolled her eyes and let out a sigh.

"What town or city do you come from? Do you lead it?" I nodded.

"I and my bodyguard are from the town of Sabre-Wolf ma'am, it's south of here." I smiled before she raised a brow.

"Perhaps I will need to take a visit one day, I could use a little vacation from this kingdom." Queen Nadia giggled, Queen Aidan, shaking her head slowly.

Call me paranoid but...something was off about the Black Queen; it was already clear that she was annoyed by the other one's presence but...it seemed a tad bit deeper than that.

"Well? Is that all? It is quite easy to establish trade-"

"We also need an alliance." I interrupted Ares, narrowing his eyes dangerously at me while Queen Nadia went silent, her eyes turning from cheerful to dark.

"You rude little-"

"Calm yourself." Queen Aidan quickly intervened with a small hiss before she sighed and looked back towards me.

"Why do you need an alliance?"

"Someone has threatened to go to war with my town, we are far too small to fight on our own! We need help." I explained, my tone almost taking on a begging one while the Black Queen continued to look at me, her eyes beginning to narrow.

"We would consider it." She said.

"But only if you do something for us. After all, you are a stranger to us." She sighed. I widened my eyes a little.

"What is it? We'll do it without a second thought, your highness!" I grinned. Queen Aidan letting out a small chuckle before she sighed and looked at her sister-wife.

"It is good to have someone eager to please." Queen Nadia said with a playful smirk.

Queen Aidan narrowed her eyes a little before she slowly nodded her head.

"Indeed, but I shall not share the details of what you shall do for us at the moment. I will come to find you both tonight." Queen Aidan said, my tilting a little.

"Why-"

Suddenly she rose her hand up before getting up from her throne.

"Just know I shall come to find you both." She sighed before leaving, Queen Nadia getting up to leave as well but...not before she could give me a dangerous, almost suspicious look.

Strange.

Once Ares and I had left the castle, we had both decided to head over to a nearby tavern called 'The Buttermilk' to wait for the Queen as well as rest up a little.

"Remind me...how do you know about this tavern?" I asked with a snort.

"It's a rather famous place, it's run by elves." Ares said, the word 'Elves' making me squeal in delight.

"Elves?!" I gasped as I immediately went to my own personal paradise.

Elves...I remember that, when I was in my old world, of course, I was completely obsessed with them! I used to always rant how pretty or handsome they were! From their long hair, flawless skin, that royal air about them...to everything else! Now that Ares mentioned that elves ran the place? I was suddenly given a burst of energy!

"Let's hurry up then!" I laughed as I grabbed Ares hand and tried to drag him along.

"Calm yourself, do not run into a tavern acting like a hyper child." Ares sighed before he started to speed up into a trot, a snort leaving me. Always a grumpy centaur, least it was more tolerable now though.

Once we had finally arrived at the inn and got inside the building, my nose was immediately blessed with the smells of warm milk, honey, and herbs as it started to make me feel dizzy and strangely giddier. Not to mention, the place was absolutely gorgeous as well!

From the outside, the tavern already looked friendly enough with its cozy-looking, brown wooden structure, curtained windows and a sign that said 'Welcome to the Buttermilk!' but on the inside? It was more bar-like than anything I've ever seen before! Squared wooden beams supported the upper floor and had dim, warm lanterns attached to every single one of them, not to mention...the walls were overflowing with pictures that ranged from either nature or simple ones of waterfalls. Overall, it seemed like a relatively calm place, the patrons seemed to be enjoying themselves and having light sips of their drinks here and there but...I was pretty sure that once the Elves started to appear, this place would probably get a little bit more hoppin'.

"Do you like it?" Ares said as we sat down at a booth somewhat close to the bar, my eyes widening slightly as he sat down across from me.

How in the world was the thing even supporting him?!

"It's nice," I said.

"Pretty chilled out for a bar though." I chuckled lightly as I looked around. From people who were already nodding off from the liquor to people who were as sober as they could be.

Every type of person and a little bit more was in the bar and no doubt they were waiting for the elves as much as I was.

"You've been to a bar?" Ares said with a doubting look as I laughed.

"I've been to places where they included bars. Y'know, restaurants and all that." I chuckled. Ares raised a brow before he sighed and shook his head.

"Your world is indeed strange." I chuckled once more before I rested my head on the table, a bored sigh escaping me.

Not to be rude...but I wasn't exactly in the mood to talk. I was in the mood to see Elves for the first time darn it!