Chapter 8: The Deal (Final Part) (Edited)

It was hard to believe but...these creatures were indeed related to goblins in some way, they all had dark-colored skin that was similar to seaweed at the bottom of an ocean and looked like it was melting and close to falling off at any moment! Large, jagged ears that were riddled with cuts, sores and open wounds that either bled pus, blood or a mixture of both and their eyes? They didn't have any...because of their melting skin, it covered the place where the eyes should've been. But, despite their blindness, they seemed to know exactly where I was.

'Should be easy enough...they're blind!' I thought as I tried to ease my nervousness with confidence before I took a step forward, the step causing the ground to crack a little which made the goblins' snarls grow before they started to speed up.

With a small smirk, I had then started to run at them, each step cracking the ground beneath me before I suddenly leaped into the air and started to kick at them, the sounds of their pained hisses and snarls as they were either kicked into the walls or kicked back a couple of feet giving me even more confidence.

'Let's see how they deal with this!' I thought as my foot caught on fire.

But...as I got closer and closer to them, thinking that this all going to be over in a couple of minutes. The goblins had suddenly turned into ice, rendering my fire completely useless and leaving me with a sore foot. 'Damn it!' I screamed in my head as I bit my lips to keep shut. I had to keep this stone safe! As I moved back a little, however, my left foot throbbing as I tried to ease the pressure, the goblins were quick to turn back to normal before they all let out war cries and started to rush at me with their bows at the ready.

'Ibis?! Mind explaining some things?!' I thought as I tried to dodge the ice arrows, my flames managing to melt a few of them while some scrapped my arms, legs, and cheeks now and again.

'I feared this would happen one day...' Ibis hissed.

'Your opponents use ice magic, a deadly rival against fire.'

'Last time I checked fire melts ice!' I screamed, the goblins suddenly letting out shrill screams. Yep, this fight was over and done with.

'Elemental magic prevailing against its rival is all determined by the caster's own strength. You are one person while they? They have numbers.' Ibis explained as I ran as best as I could with a sore leg.

With fury in their roars and the sounds of almost demonic chanting going along with it, it didn't take long for me to hear the sounds of the goblins rushing after me, the sounds of ice arrows rushing past me as it scraped my skin forcing me to try and run faster.

And Ibis? The damn bird just suddenly cut the conversation short! I was alone in this, though I could see where I was going with the light still floating above my head, I had no idea where safe was! For all I knew...I could've been running towards their little camp. 'I swear...after this, I'm definitely turning up the training!' I thought. As I rushed through the sewers, my feet feeling as if they were going to fall off, my heart thrumming in my chest and the pain coming from my wounds only making me slower and slower. I had tried to think of a way to get them off my tail.

'Think Eos...what can I do-'

Suddenly, however...I had let out a banshee-like scream as I felt something go right through my leg.

"Damn it!" I yelped as I immediately fell to the ground, the stone falling straight out of my mouth as I slid a little against the floor.

"C-Christ..." I said with an agony-filled hiss.

My leg...an ice arrow went straight through it and left me with a nasty, gaping hole that bled like a murder scene and only make my eyes water. Though, me being in total agony and having my eyes water didn't stop the goblins in the slightest, however.