Chapter 11: Winter's Love (Final Part) (Edited)

"Hello-"

"What?" The girl spat out without even turning to me.

I narrowed my eyes, what was her issue?! Nonetheless, I let out a calming sigh and tried to keep up my friendly demeanor.

"I just wanted to introduce myself! Y'know...we're all in this whole champion thing, together right?"

"You don't need to introduce yourself to me, I already know who you are." The girl grumbled.

I raised a brow; I was pretty sure she heard about me at the very least but...personally knew me? That's impossible, I've never seen her before in my life!

"You must have me confused with someone else." I chuckled awkwardly as I scratched the back of my neck, the girl's hands suddenly balling up before she faced me, my entire body seeming to freeze in that very moment.

"Oh really? So I have my best friend confused with someone else?!" She roared.

I stared at her, completely dumbfounded, how could- how did she...I could've sworn that I had left her behind back in my old world...no, no! It wasn't her! It couldn't have been her!

"Y-You're-"

"Eos!" Suddenly interrupted Ryzel as he came to my side, his hands making me flinch a little before I ultimately relaxed.

"W-What?" I said, my voice almost a whisper as I turned to look at Ryzel's grinning expression.

"The True Dragons are about to arrive, let's go!" He laughed as he dragged me off, the girl still watching me before I saw her mouth the words 'See you in battle.'

See you in battle...how could she...? Us? Fight?!? I have never done anything to her! I have been with her since we were children! How could she...?

Once Ryzel had dragged me back over to the frozen ocean, it didn't take long before a series of ear-piercing roars occurred, the roars almost majestic in a way before only 6 dragons whose wings could've covered the entire sky appeared out of the snowy clouds. And goodness we're they a sight to see...when Ares had talked about the True Dragons, I was expecting dragons that didn't look any different from a typical, normal one!

But these guys? They were on a whole different level altogether! From an eight-legged, four-winged dragon whose scales resembled a gorgeous starry night while northern lights seemed to float around its feet and the end of its tail. To a dragon that looked like it was Mother Nature herself! Its scales were like tree bark while its wings resembled a bunch of leaves stuck together. These dragons were huge and looked like the final boss for a video game! I was more than certain that this was going to be an interesting event to witness.

"Wait- why are we out on oceans again?!" I screamed as I held onto Ryzel, my feet slipping and sliding on the ice.

"Just wait." He winked at me before he pointed back towards the Dragons, a fur-covered, rose-colored Dragon suddenly taking a seat before it closed its eyes.

Gentle music...the type that would remind you of a ballroom, I don't how the Dragon was doing it but it was playing music like a champ!

Not to mention, as he continued to sit and 'play' music, his wings outstretched while his tail waved around. It didn't take long before flurries of differently colored flowers began to shed from off of his body. The sight of gorgeous and was something straight out of a Disney film...I was happy that I had agreed to come along with the rest of the town to come witness this event, it was awe-inspiring!

"Now." Ryzel suddenly spoke, snapping me out of my trance as I watched him bow a little.

"May I have this first dance, my Lady?"

I rolled my eyes with a small laugh before I nodded my head and took his hand. "Of course." I grinned, my cheeks warming up a little as he pulled me to closer to him with a charming grin.

As Ryzel and I danced on the ice, our dance being interrupted every now and then by either Ares trying to push the guy away from me, the pups trying to convince me to try and chase them on the ice to even small things such as one of the Dragons suddenly started to tap their tails against the ground in a rhythmic way, I couldn't help but be entranced by the beautiful and wonderous mood!

From the sights of northern lights dancing in the skies above us to flowers mixed with snow raining down upon everyone like a miracle...but, it didn't help that Ryzel kept staring at me like I had something on my face.

"What?" I chuckled as the dance started to get slower and slower.

"Do I have something on my face?"

Ryzel snickered before he shook his head. "Of course not, I'm merely enthralled by your beauty." He sighed

My cheeks warmed up again, causing me to let out a scoff. "You demons must really have something wrong with y'alls eyesight." I sighed.

"I ain't that pretty." I chuckled, causing Ryzel's charming smile to falter a little.

"You seem very...unsure of your beauty Eos." He said.

"I'm not unsure of anything, I just know that I'm not as pretty as you say I am dude." I laughed before Ryzel spun me around a little before pulling me back towards him.

"Well...for my kind, Beast or Incubus, we have a saying of sorts." He said.

I let out a sigh, this was going to be something to listen to...if he dared to say that 'Beauty was in the eyes of the beholder or something' then I was seriously going to call it quits and just go rest up on the shore.

"For us? We say that we only see true beauty once in our entire lives." He chuckled.

My brow rose in interest.

"For the only time we see actual beauty is when we-" Ryzel stopped mid-sentence, his cheeks turned into a light pink and he averted his eyes from me.

To be honest, I was kinda glad he stopped, the mood was getting sappy and I've hated sappy moods ever since I remembered my first love. For now? I was simply happy to just hang out with him as a friend.

"Is when we-"

"It's fine." I interrupted with a small chuckle.

"No need to push yourself to say something sappy, it just ends up sounding fake." I laughed, Ryzel laughing along with me before we focused on dancing once more.

Once the Dragon's courtship had finally started to end, some of them flying away together or simply intertwining their tails with one another, that was the signal for everyone to go where they came from.

"Strange, I was thinkin' the Beast Daemoniums were going to come," Torin said.

"Perhaps they decided it was best not to come, revealing their hidden location is risky." Khaleesi sighed, Torin shrugging a little before he suddenly planted a kiss on her cheek.

It was funny seeing those two together to be honest, they were...a unique duo. Torin being a goblin and Khaleesi being a deer-lady but, they made it work. Torin was a surprisingly good dad and their new son was absolutely to die for! He was basically a bear cub but with the horns of a deer!

"Are you ready to go girl?" Ares said as he bent down a little, allowing me to get onto his back with ease.

I nodded my head with a grin. "Yep! It's freezing out here after all." I said before I heard a tiny screech, causing me to extend my arm before Deimosa landed on my arm.

Winter has come and soon it will end but...hey! It was a pretty interesting winter to say the very least! After all, though I don't exactly know when it will come, it'll soon be time for me to face the person who wanted war upon me.