Chapter 11: Winter's Love (Part 1) (Edited)

Two months have passed since Ares and I returned back to the town. The cold wind had more of a bite to it than before, the sun barely came out now and snow covered the ground from here to over yonder! Though everything was going smoothly with the trade and alliance, no one dared to forget about the True Dragons' courtship event that took place two weeks away from where the town was. It was a special event after all but, to be honest, I was actually hoping that we would be able to stay back. After all, I planned to spend my winter in my warm cabin sipping on some warm milk! And packing up for a two-week trip and having to travel through knee-deep snow was a hassle but...Ares along with everyone else weren't hearing a word of it.

I had no choice but to go along and journey to the Standing Oceans located in the Wetlands.

"God it's freezing," I grumbled to no one in particular as I walked alongside Ryzel in a nearby forest, the feeling of the snow turning my navy blue, fur-lined dress into an icicle making me huff.

This is what I wanted to avoid! There was always next year when it was less snowy and freezing.

"Perhaps you really should have considered wearing a cloak hm?" Ryzel teased before I glared at him a little.

This guy always had something to say! Not everyone could be a demon and have a good resistance to the cold!

"Says the one who's only wearing a robe and footin' it barefoot," I grumbled.

Ryzel laughed before giving me a quick pat on the shoulder.

"Unlike you, however, I am fine with the cold." He said.

I let out a sigh, I didn't need to hear the words of a guy whose kind was literally known for sleeping with anything that moved an inch. He was lucky enough that I even decided to walk alone with him! Not that I minded too much exactly, though he constantly teased me, it was nice to talk with someone close to my age rather than always having to talk to the adults.

"So, tell me...what's the Wetlands like again?" I asked as Deimosa squeaked and chirped on my shoulder, constantly ducking her head out and under my hood at the sight of the falling snow.

"Well...it's wet."

I rolled my eyes, oh really? For a moment there, I thought it was going to be dry as a darn bone.

"Thanks for the information genius." I snorted, Ryzel chuckling a little before he let out a small sigh and finally got on topic.

"It's home to the Pices, a race of fish-folk that is led by the current ruler King Elkian."

I raised my brow at the words 'fish-folk', I wasn't too eager to see what this world would surprise me with but...if it was anything like a game, I once heard about long ago then I was going to assume they weren't too bad looking.

"I've heard of King Elkian." I said, thinking back to Basilisk's words.

"Isn't he like...the guy who's obsessed with a Fox girl?" I asked, Ryzel looking towards me with a raised brow.

"You know the whereabouts of her?"

"No, I just know he's in love with her." I sighed, causing Ryzel to let out a small 'Ah' before he chuckled.

"Well, yes then! Of course, though, she is 'missing' as the mortals say." Ryzel said.

I raised a brow, the way he said it...did he- "You know where she is?"

"I don't but the elders of my tribe do." Ryzel laughed.

"The older Daemoniums of my tribe look young but are older than you and I combined. More than likely, they know where she lives." He said.