Chapter 2: The Goblin Village (Edited)

Sorry for the random update schedule ^^' I'll be sure to get back to my normal one on Monday since I've finished editing my book.

Earlier in the cave, I had thought this little mission of escaping the cave would only take a few hours, I didn't think it would take an entire darn week! My stomach was so desperate for food that it didn't even growl anymore, it just left me with an annoyed, hungry feeling and I couldn't do anything about it. My hunting skills as an animal were absolutely terrible...but, just before I was ready to agree with the thought of going back to the stupid owl and tell her straight-faced that I was done with getting out of this cave. I had suddenly caught the scent of fresh grass, flowers and tree bark.

'F-Finally!' I thought in relief as my heart picked up its pace in pure excitement, my slow and defeated walk turning into a run of hope and excitement as I ran towards the smell with gusto.

With light slowly starting to appear from the corner, it wasn't long before I had felt the familiar warmth of the sun, its warm, welcoming rays accompanied by the feeling of soft grass under my feet and the sound of birds chirping merrily making me feel right at home.

"If only you guys could see this now..." I gasped quietly as I slowly opened my eyes to the world around me.

From colorful birds that ranged from vibrant hues of blue to brilliant shades of orange and had not one but two sets of wings, to the forest's trees that stood as tall as skyscrapers and shook gently to the movement of the wind. Everything looked like it was straight out of a movie or an artist's painting...and I was delighted that it was all real.

'Ah...that sunlight feels nice.' I thought with a few happy whines escaping me.

"Now to- Woah..." I suddenly gasped as I turned back to look at the cave. "That's a mighty big entrance," I said, the sheer size of the cave's entrance that made it seem like the opening to a kingdom making me gulp a little before I looked to see a pair of pale guards doing their duty of...well, guarding!

"Stay classy y'all." I grinned, their faces remaining unfazed before I let out a sigh and walked into the forest without looking back for a second time.

As I walked through the forest, my eyes enchanted by the vast beauty of the forest that ranged from how the sun's rays poured in through the trees to my ears being entertained by the sounds of lively animals moving around. It wasn't long before I suddenly started to catch the scent of something sour, a smell that was fouler than foul and made me scrunch up my nose in absolute disgust but...nonetheless made me curious to figure out what it was.

'Smell like the inside of a locker room...' I thought to myself as I looked around, the smell all around me as a group of goblins suddenly appeared out of the bushes with their spears at the ready.

"Halt hound!" Ordered one of the goblins, his fiery golden eyes not matching well with his child-like body that reminded me of a first-grader. Goblins...I had expected something uglier to be completely honest! Along with a bigger size, bigger ears, and more jagged teeth! But if it weren't for their green-pigmented skin, pointy ears and sour smell then I would've never assumed they were goblins but just a bunch of kids playing dress-up.

"The heck?" I snorted.

"I'm just trying to get through this forest," I said with a friendly smile as I sat down, my tail thumping against the ground as the goblins circled around me, their eyes full of suspicion while others were filled with curiosity.

"Leader...this is the biggest dog I have ever witnessed!" One of them said in awe before I suddenly felt someone pluck some fur from my back.

"Hey! That's-"