☔︎ 4 ☔︎

☽ sam ☽

"you've got a place at a school just around the block, they said you can start on monday," my dad explained, making me inwardly sigh.
"wow, thanks for telling me sooner," i mumbled, rolling my eyes with a sigh. i walked into the kitchen and filled up a glass of water, taking it upstairs with me.
"i'm sorry, ok?" he sighed, following me.
"if you were sorry you would've let me stay back at home!" i yelled, storming upstairs quickly, leaving little drops of water on the wooden stairs as i went, slamming my bedroom door behind me. i felt angry tears welling in my eyes. of course i was about to start crying again. of course. that's all i ever fucking did. i put my glass down on the windowsill, the dark night sky filling my vision. i wanted my mom. i wanted a friend. i didn't want my dad, not at all.
i picked up my phone, rummaging about in my bag for my speaker. i found it at the bottom, switching it on and connecting my phone to it. i looked through my playlists and sighed, picking one that was mainly lil peep. i started blasting the music, screaming the words painfully.

☔︎

"sam, you up?" i heard my dad speak from the other side of my bedroom door.
"i am now," i snapped, lifting my head slightly. he opened the door and poked his head around.
"i just wanted to ask if you wanted anything for breakfast," he mumbled, looking over at me.
"if this is your way of trying to win me over it's not working. i'm still mad," i sighed, rolling my eyes.
"you're living with me, sam. you're gonna have to get over this grudge sooner or later. again, do you want anything for breakfast?" he asked, and i rolled my eyes again.
"whatever, i'll be down in a minute," i huffed, him leaving my room with a nod. i sat up with a sigh, checking the time. 10:30am. i rubbed my eyes and stretched, standing up and scratching my head. i felt a cold breeze hit my bare chest, making me shiver. it was fucking freezing. i picked up my hoodie i had worn the previous day off the floor and slid it onto my body, leaving the hood up and making my way downstairs.
"there's cereal on the side," my dad said from the living room, and i picked it up, making my way into the room. there was another guy in the room, whom i didn't know the name of, and they put the sofa down. nice to know he was reliant on me for help. they moved away from the sofa and went out of the door to get more things, and i sat down with my legs crossed, the bowl of cereal in my lap as i started to eat it.
"we're gonna need your help in a minute, bud," my dad explained, carrying boxes in. i nodded, happy to be doing something other than nothing.
"let me finish this and i will," i mumbled, him nodding himself and going out to get more boxes. the only thing he had left after the boxes was the fridge, which is what he wanted help with. i continued to eat the cereal, when the idea of messaging my mom popped into my head. i pulled out my phone and it got snatched right out of my hand.
"give it back!" i yelled, looking at who took it - the guy i didn't know.
"last time i saw you you were just a baby, man. come and help us," he laughed, holding it above my head so i couldn't reach.
"dad said i could finish my breakfast first, i'm trying to message my mom, you asshole. i don't even know you, give it back," i snapped, jumping up and reaching it.
"you're a lot feistier than i remembered," he chuckled, ruffling my hair. i hated the touch, i hated being touched.
"quit it," i muttered, pushing him away and typing a message to my mom.
"don't be rude, samuel. that's your uncle, joe," my dad sighed, patting my shoulder. why did everyone keep touching me? it made me so weirdly uncomfortable.

oh dear
go watch skins
it's good