☔︎ 15 ☔︎

☔︎ sam ☔︎

"this is so cool!" i giggled, giddy from being with colby and the fact he'd picked me up. it felt.. right? it felt weirdly right for his hands to be on my waist, for his hands to be anywhere on me. but not with anyone else, which i thought was a little bit strange, but i didn't mind. not when it was down to colby.
"i know, right? i come here all the time," he chuckled, his voice sounding just behind me. i stepped forwards, possibly a little too eagerly.
"careful!" he gasped, catching me as i fell through a gap in the flooring, his hands on my body once again. i gulped and stood back up, facing him. he kept his hands placed on my waist, looking down at me.
"sorry, i should've warned you. are you ok? are you hurt?" he asked, his voice soft as we stood so close, a foreign atmosphere in the air.
"i-i'm ok," i smiled, him sighing with relief and realising what he was doing with wide eyes.
"sorry," he chuckled nervously, taking his hands away from my waist.
"it's ok. it feels ok when you do it," i giggled, making sure to watch my step this time as i walked through the building, seeing a dusty waterslide nearby. a cold breeze swept through the air, making the hair on my arms stick up. i shivered slightly, bringing my hands up to rub my arms. why did i leave my hoodie at his? it was cold, of course it would be.
"are you cold?" colby asked, walking over to me, away from his previous position at the base of a slide.
"a little, yeah. i shouldn't have left my jumper at y-yours," i giggled, my teeth chattering slightly.
"here, take this," he said softly, taking off the hoodie he was wearing.
"are you sure?" i asked, smiling as he handed it to me. i didn't want him to freeze, though.
"yeah, i'll be fine," he chuckled, and i put the soft, grey fabric on, the scent of him washing over me, making me feel safe, like nothing could ever hurt me. the piece of clothing hung loosely over me, reaching just past my crotch.
"you look better in my clothes than i do," he grinned, watching as i pulled the sleeves even further over my hands, glad i was warm again.
"thank you," i giggled, looking up at him with the hood covering most of my forehead. he chuckled and pulled it down, shaking his head slightly and smiling. i grinned and walked over to one of the slides, watching my step and trying to climb up it.
"it's impossible," he sighed with a chuckle as i fell down with a little 'ouch'.
"yeah, i know that now," i giggled, standing up and brushing the dust off of me.
"follow me," he murmured, walking through the building. i did as he said, him taking a glance behind him to see if i was still following. we went up some steps and through a door, which brought us to the roof.
"woah," i said softly, looking at the night sky. it was only about 9pm, but due to it being later in the year, it got darker earlier.
"have you ever seen a sunrise from this angle?" he asked, looking back at me. i shook my head, looking up at the stars with my mouth slightly agape.
"it's beautiful," he mumbled, walking to the edge and sitting on it, legs dangling off the edge.
"i like looking at the stars," i said quietly. the mood had changed from adrenaline and happiness, now it was deep and chilled.
"me too. sometimes i just come up here and think. it's my alone place. reed and devin don't even know about it," his voice was soft, and his eyes were looking up at the sky, a breeze lifting his hair slightly. it was a sight for sore eyes.
"am i the only person that knows?" i asked, glancing at him sideways with a smile. he nodded and smiled himself.
"yeah," he chuckled, putting his hands in his lap. it made me feel special that he hadn't told anybody else. i was the only one who knew about his privacy place.
"i'm not looking forward to going home," i said quietly, looking over the city.
"why?" he asked, and i felt his eyes burning into the side of my face.
"my dad," i shook my head, not wanting to explain anymore. truth is, he was gonna ask a bunch of questions, and this morning he told me i had to tell him everything i did when i was away from him, just for him to be "sure i was ok and i was being safe". i didn't want to, and i wasn't going to, that was his way of saying he wanted to make sure i wasn't going against anything he said.
"if you ever wanna talk about it, i'm here," he explained softly, putting one of his hands over one of mine that was placed against the smooth, cold stone. i grinned to myself, continuing to stare out at the stars.

god, he was making me feel something.

has anybody noticed that sam looks so short in this pic lmao
it's so cute

has anybody noticed that sam looks so short in this pic lmao it's so cute