☔︎ 36 ☔︎

☀︎ colby ☀︎

"i'm gonna miss you assholes," i chuckled, me, sam, reed and devin all in a group hug whilst my dad watched from a few feet away.
"stop, you'll make me cry," reed giggled, and the hug slowly dispersed.
"i'm gonna miss you the most," sam whispered to reed, hugging him and making reed laugh. i walked over to my dad and he chuckled, shaking his head slightly.
"you better behave, you hear me?" he smiled, crossing his arms.
"shut up, come here," i laughed, putting my arms out. he hugged me, and it was honestly the most intimate i'd been with my father in a long time, and it'd be the last time for a long time, too.
"i'm gonna miss you, colby. and you better visit soon," he chuckled, patting my back.
"i will, don't worry," i grinned, moving away slowly.
"colbs, c'mon, we need to board before we miss it," sam giggled, and i nodded, so did my dad.
"let's go!" i chuckled, looking down at sam, who nodded with a laugh.

☔︎

"i can't believe this is actually happening," sam mumbled, jogging his leg in his seat.
"i know. are you nervous?" i asked, taking his hand and lacing my fingers with his.
"only for the flight, i've never liked planes. are you?" he asked, looking up at me.
"a little. i just hope your mom likes me, that's all," i shrugged, him giggling.
"she likes you. she said to me that as long as you treat me right, she loves you just as much as i do. and you definitely treat me right, i just don't think she loves you as much as i do," he grinned, turning his head to look out of the window, where he could see clouds and sky.
"you cant say something as cute as that and just look out of the window, look at me," i chuckled, seeing him giggle and turn back around.
"i love you," i chuckled again, quickly pressing my lips to his.
"i love you more," he grinned, resting his head on my shoulder.
"are you still tired?" i asked, him putting his head back up and shaking his head.
"no, i'm just excited now. i cant wait to go home, and you're going with me, and i get to see my mom again," he giggled, messing with his hair.
"i'm glad you're happy. you seem more excited than you ever did back in washington," i nudged him with my shoulder, and he laughed, shoving me softly.
"i am. i never wanted to go to washington in the first place. the only good thing to come out of it was meeting you, reed and devin," he raised his eyebrows, looking up at me with big eyes.

☔︎

"i should've slept on the plane, i'm so tired," sam yawned, leaning on me as we waited to collect our food.
"the uber drive is pretty long, you could sleep then," i mumbled, putting my arm over his shoulders and rubbing my thumb along his jumper slowly. he nodded, looking up at me fondly before closing his eyes.
"don't fall asleep there, sweetpea, wait until we get the uber," i chuckled, making sam giggle and open his droopy eyes.
"you've never called me sweetpea before," he giggled, pulling his sleeves over his hands.
"sorry," i shook my head with a smile, looking down at him.
"no, it's ok, i like it," he grinned, looking up at me with a smile. i leaned in, him closing the gap and pressing his lips to mine, pulling away a moment later. just as he did, our number for food was called, and we made our way over to the counter, where the food was. it was mcdonald's, like last night, but it was the only food there was at the airport and we were both starving.
"i cant wait to just go to sleep," he sighed as we walked to a table, yawning once again.

this chapter was all over the place oops